1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can I downgrade?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by terrapin, May 28, 2010.

1. terrapin

terrapin New Member

Can I downgrade to any of the other android OS using RSD Lite? If so, could someone point me in the direction to the stock, verizon 2.1 rom along with instructions?
  2. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

yes you can, are you familiar with RSD at all? Because, if you are not it's a very risky process if you don't know what you are doing. I am not saying you don't know, but just making sure you know incase you are new to this... well here is the link Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf - Android Central Forums just make sure you are careful and know what your doing
  3. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

if you are rooted you can do it through ROM manager premium which is going to be A LOT more easy and A LOT less risky
  4. Rsswga

Rsswga New Member

Why are you wanting to downgrade?
  5. canichols2

canichols2 New Member

Well, Rsswga, if hes like me. then he knows that verizon screwed us on this new upgrade. i din't have any problems until this update. now it takes about a minute for the home screen to load. I have way less signal than i did before the update(not sure if its because of my replacement phone or not). my phone has become almost unusable since the update. the only thing i like is having a real button for calls. instead of an icon that you might have on your home screen. And there are so many more that i can't recount at the moment.
  6. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Factory Reset your phone first, re-sign in with your gmail account and set the phone back up. It is an extremely extremely good chance that will fix the issues you are having.

Menu/Settings/Privacy/Factory Reset
  7. BluArtistEyes

BluArtistEyes New Member

Factory Reset won't downgrade or restore your OS

That won't fix his problem, I have similar phone problem all a factory resetdoes is create more work for you putting all your info back in and does not downgrade you still are stuck with the garbage Android update 2.2 sucks wish I had 2.1 still and had been smart enough to not turn my $130 phone into a piece of garbage by installing this garbage update that totally destroyed everything.

Though I own a mytouch slide 3G, the new update totally ruined it. Anyone out there with android 2.1 you are lucky never upgrade if you own a cooler phone like the mytouch slide or this one mentioned above I guess has similar problems too so don't upgrade it either.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  8. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Really? A 7 month old thread??

This thread has been Thunder struck!
  9. BluArtistEyes

BluArtistEyes New Member

THere should be a restore or revert back option

lol not even sure anymore if mine is similar, I had an awesome phone with android 2.1 and I now have a piece of junk with android 2.2 thanks to a stupid mistake that I can't undo. I thought all upgrades or updates were reversible when I did it I thought I could always go back if it doesn't work out in computers its true guess mobile phones really suck in comparison.
  10. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

There should be a way to SBF it back to original State. Try searching this site and google. Maybe there a more organized mytouch forum, i'm not to familiar with that phone. the 2.2 update was really positive for me on the OG.
Search tags for this page
andriod down grade os

android os downgrade

can you downgrade a rooted phone
does returning to factory setting downgrade android os
downgrade android software on s4

downgrade droid x os

downgrade operating system droid razr
downgrade rom htc 3g slide
downgrade+os android
droid bionic operating system down grade
factory reset downgrades android os?