Can I disable apps if I root?

teikyo30

Reaction score
Like with Windows. Nothing loads that I don't want to other than core processes. With my TB when I play Angry Birds it fires up Skype, Slacker, Search Anywhere. Maps, VZ Navigator, and about 10 other programs. The game gets really slow, and eventually crashes.

Some people have said Android runs things in the apps to be more efficient than Windows, but let me ask you this: if I am showing 100mb of memory free, and it takes literally a count of 20 seconds or more for a program to load, how is that good? If I start UT3 on my computer I'm ready to play in about 10 seconds. I guarantee UT3 is more memory intensive than Angry Birds.

I want to be able to set everything like in services and msconfig so it can't load, ever, for any reason unless I call it to. I also want to uninstall the crap, and disable whatever I can't uninstall that doesn't do me any good.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
yes you can delete the bloat ware that is on the device like the blockbuster app and stuff that you dont use ( can we say tweet) if you root your device you can still stay stock but rooted (s-off) and then remove or freeze any app you want. most of the custom roms has the function to remove bloat apps. then most of them remove all the bloat before hand so it frees up space and runs faster.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or simply rooting and using root unistaller or even titanium backup and removing bloatware is easy as pie...I think that's actually the #1 reason for rooting, that and overclocking the CPU

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
T

teikyo30

Reaction score
When I force close apps that fire up for no apparent reason, the phone is lightning quick, but 5 minutes later everything fires up again and it's slower than a Commodore 64, which pisses me off. I really really want to root the phone, but I have no backup if I screw it up. I've been building pcs for about 15 years now, but never tried rooting the phone. I suppose if I screw it up I could say I dropped it while fishing, I do have insurance on it, but still, what a hassle.

OP
T

teikyo30

Reaction score
And GB is supposed to be out by the end of Q3 unless they're lying again, and I would hope it would solve most of the issues......seriously buggy software. The Windows phones don't have half the problems, but they're just boring phones.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gingerbread has a much more aggressive task killer so it will kill those apps more quickly but it will also kill the apps you WANT running too. Gingerbread also is more memory intensive itself. Rooting isn't too hard, especially for an HTC phone, they don't have as many anti-root measures in place and with root you can do all kinds of cool extra stuff and make your phone be able to keep up with the newer phones that will come out...for example I have a rooted original Droid and it probably can keep up or beat the thunderbolt in speed, only thing I can't do is get 4g lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
When I force close apps that fire up for no apparent reason, the phone is lightning quick, but 5 minutes later everything fires up again and it's slower than a Commodore 64, which pisses me off. I really really want to root the phone, but I have no backup if I screw it up. I've been building pcs for about 15 years now, but never tried rooting the phone. I suppose if I screw it up I could say I dropped it while fishing, I do have insurance on it, but still, what a hassle.

root it then you van get gingerbread with sense3.0 and ice rooted thunderbolt the times its not hard just takes a little while using the three step method only thing you have to do is follow directions
then all the stuff you dying like you can fix and then some.