Can I create a ringtone for all "Non-Contacts" calls?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by King Bengals, Apr 19, 2018.

1. King Bengals

King Bengals Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force -32G.
    I'm getting a bunch of spam calls that look a lot like my phone #. They tend to have the same first 6 digits as mine or at least the same area code of mine & my out of state family. It seems like this is a well-known spam issue that has no great solution. I have about 50 #s on my blocked list. So I thought of a workaround. Maybe I can give all calls coming in that don't match a contact in my phone a separate ringtone. Does a feature like this exist? I read that another option was to create a "contacts group" & add all my contacts to it then give it a ringtone. After that, all calls not from that list would have my default ringtone or what I give it. (Not a bad option as long as I don't have to add each contact manually) I also read there might be apps that separate In-contacts from non-contact calls & can set up ringtones. All the info I read seemed old & I'm not sure they work on my cell. Any help would be great. Thanks!
    -Moto Z Force- Android 7.1.1

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +10,589
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z2 Force
    I'm not sure if Android has "group" functionality anymore?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3. me just sayin

me just sayin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +4,697
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    there are apps that will do what you want. just search the playstore for group ringtones or something similar. I cannot recommend any.

4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +10,589
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z2 Force
    After digging around my phone I remembered that there is a "Group" option in the stock Contacts app. But there are no options to set custom ringtones in each Group. I'm not really sure what Goggle has Groups even there for, since it doesn't really provide any functionality. As mejustsaying posted, there are probably apps in the Play Store that can provide that functionality. And hopefully without causing any weird issue with the stock Contacts app.

For me personally I handle spam callers by creating a new Contact named Spam or Scammer. I have that Contact set to go straight to Voicemail. Then I add every spam callers to that Contact name and I never hear the phone ring again from those numbers. The only drawback with this method is answering the phone to determine if they are real people not in my contacts or spammers. If they are not a recording and an actual person then I have a little fun with them before hanging up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5. Leonardes

Leonardes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you want to create a separate app for android about ring tone then you can visit the makeroid.com to develop it

6. nixonsherrie

nixonsherrie New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung
    Use truecaller to block and define ringtones.

Search tags for this page

best cameras