Can I change my phone?

emily6315

Reaction score
Ever since I got the 2.2 update on my droid x my music has been messed up, scrolling on text messages do not work, texts are out of order, notifications sometimes don't pop up, and other times don't go away. While I love my phone, it's getting really frustrating. I got my phone the week it came out and now that the droid 2 is out I really want to switch to that because my droid x isn't working and the droid 2 is smaller. My upgrade isn't in forever but is there anyway I don't have to pay the full price for the droid 2?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you considered rooting your X? It may solve your issues and does not require any expenditure of money.

Miie

OP
E

emily6315

Reaction score
i wouldn't even know where to start with that haha

barski

Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!

I think you would have to pay the full price or buy one off ebay. But of coarse you could sell your Droid X if its in like new condition for pretty good money. Then you wont have to much to make up on a new or used Droid 2.

It seems like 1 out of every 2 people have had problems with there droid x after the 2.2 update.

I would recommend doing a Factory reset. That fixed my problems with my Droid X. But of coarse back up your data.
If you need more info on how to do any of that please post back. Me and various other members will be willing to help.

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
I put my droid incredible on craigslist, offering a straight up trade. Fair deal as they're the same price right now. Only took two days and I got quite a few replys. He wanted a smaller droid and I wanted an X. You could try that, it won't effect your contact.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Desicrator

Reaction score
Root then put apex on it maybe? Can't hurt at this point right?

Swyped from DROID X, so grammer could be awful.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Some of the bugs you mentioned are known problems with the 2.2 update released by Moto/VZW, like the text out of order. If you use a 3rd party text app. like Chomp SMS or Handcent, those apps have fixed the issue.

I wouldn't suggest rooting as an answer right off the bat. Nothing against you, but if you're not familiar with rooting and what it involves, it may not be the best "first" option.
Try doing a factory reset first. This will clear out any (possibly corrupt/messed up data) from your phone and give you a fresh start as if the phone was just out of the box. If that doesn't help fix some things, then venture into the world of rooting.
But I will tell you that most of the issues you stated, rooting won't fix them. They are known bugs and are supposed to be fix sometime in the future by Moto.

Desicrator

Reaction score
Yes, do the factory reset. Then root dot know how I forgot that was an option. Ha

Swyped from DROID X, so grammer could be awful.

phartwig

Reaction score
And with that one click root back for 2.2 there really isn't a reason not to root anymore if only to get wifi tether.

County Mike

Reaction score
And with that one click root back for 2.2 there really isn't a reason not to root anymore if only to get wifi tether.

What is the "one click root back"? I'm also hesitant to root my phone. Not interested in screwing up and owning a brick.

OP
E

emily6315

Reaction score
thank you guys so much! I'm pretty much going to try everything you guys suggested!