Can I change color of Power Widget in CM6 ?

GeneRs

Reaction score
I just loaded up CM6. LOVE all the custom features. I would like to change the pressed color of the power control widget from the cyan to plain ol' white so that it goes with just about any theme I want to use. ( I have already changed the battery display in the status bar to white just for this reason. ). I pulled the settings apk and don't see a "pressed.png" anywhere. I don't see anything that shows the cyan color at all. I'm thinking it must be somewhere in the .xml files. ( If that's the case, I might be skrued as I have NOOOO IDEA how to mod those things ) Any ideas on how to modify this?

This might be an option for Koush and his team to work into 6.0.1 ( If such a thing comes along ). It's FANTASTIC to be able to change all those other color options but then be left with a Power Widget that looks out of place. They have already given us the option to make the wiget grey or transparent. I wonder if they could put a choice of pressed colors in the app as well.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Try SwitchPro from the market if you don't find a way to alter the installed Power widget. It does multiple colors as well as transparent background.

You probably already knew that but if not....

Just an option.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Z

ZeroBarrier

I just loaded up CM6. LOVE all the custom features. I would like to change the pressed color of the power control widget from the cyan to plain ol' white so that it goes with just about any theme I want to use. ( I have already changed the battery display in the status bar to white just for this reason. ). I pulled the settings apk and don't see a "pressed.png" anywhere. I don't see anything that shows the cyan color at all. I'm thinking it must be somewhere in the .xml files. ( If that's the case, I might be skrued as I have NOOOO IDEA how to mod those things ) Any ideas on how to modify this?

This might be an option for Koush and his team to work into 6.0.1 ( If such a thing comes along ). It's FANTASTIC to be able to change all those other color options but then be left with a Power Widget that looks out of place. They have already given us the option to make the wiget grey or transparent. I wonder if they could put a choice of pressed colors in the app as well.

The files you are looking to modify are in the \res\drawable-hdpi folder and range from appwidget_settings_ind_mid_c.9.png to appwidget_settings_ind_on_v_r.9.png. Remeber though, these are .9 files and need to be edited first in gimp/photoshop and then in draw9patch.

This thread on XDA has more information and a video tutorial to help you with the .9 files:

[HowTo][Video] Creating Android Themes (4th Video up .9s) - xda-developers

Edit: BTW, your sig is misspelled, it's kernel not kernal...

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Thanx for the help. I'll give it a try. Guess I've gotta learn how to edit those pesky .9.png's sometime.

[QUOTE
Edit: BTW, your sig is misspelled, it's kernel not kernal...[/QUOTE]

Grrrrrreat. The First guy to read my post and offer help just happens to be a damn English teacher. LOL :biggrin:

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Awesome!!!! Got it! Thanx for the help gang. I'm off to change my signature.