1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can I cancel the .906 ota update?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by jlang11, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jlang11

jlang11 New Member

Hi Guys, so I searched the forum and Google and dont see anything related to this.
    I have a D3, rooted, Driod 3 Bootstrapper installed, stock rom 5.6.890 XT862 and accidentally hit the System Update option in the settings and now its prompting me to install .906.

Is there any way to stop the install? I keep hitting remind me later, but I dont want it to just install itself if it does after the nag sreen expires or something.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Personally, I'd let it install the update, reroot using Motofail for the D4 and reinstall the strap (though I'd recommend Safestrap vs. Bootstrap).....

but that's just me :biggrin:
  3. jlang11

jlang11 New Member

Thanks for the response!

I did get the screen to stop prompting me by freezing "update" in titanium...

I wouldn't ming getting the update, but didn't want to brick my phone. The D1 did seem a lot easier to work with than this D3.

So other than unfreezing the bloatware, is there anything else I need to do so my phone doesn't brick when I install the update?

Thanks again!
  4. brad92

brad92 New Member

Remove bootstrap. There are files that need to be deleted in the system. Logwrapper files, but I can't remember where they are.
  5. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

I'm pretty sure the next time your phone reboots it'll automatically try to install the update. So I think at this point there is nothing you could really do. :blink:
  6. jlang11

jlang11 New Member

No, actually I have rebooted several times since Thursday night when I froze Update 2.3.4 in Titanium and I have not been prompted again.

I also removed Bootstrap and installed Safestrap. I have yet to install another ROM, but I look forward to it.
  7. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Well-Known Member

Since you're rooted, another thing you might do is go take a peek (I think it's in /cache) with an app like Root Explorer, and see if you can find the actual firmware file (Blur_Version5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US.zip, plus a matching file ending in .crc). I assume the system periodically checks for these files on your phone, hence the reminder. To eliminate the reminder, I just moved them to my sdcard and no more nagging. :)

-Matt
Search tags for this page

cancelar update ota android