Can I Block Incoming Texts

KenniB

Reaction score
Did a search, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I'm using a non-rooted DX and Handcent is my SMS of choice. Is there a way to temporarily block texts from certain contacts or even block ALL incoming texts for a period of time?

Thanks!

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I never personally blocked texts, but I think using handcent only disables them from notifyin ur phone by using blacklist... I mayb wrong... personally I like chompsms better. It saves ur themes and is more ui I think

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)

EntityZero

Reaction score
I never personally blocked texts, but I think using handcent only disables them from notifyin ur phone by using blacklist... I mayb wrong... personally I like chompsms better. It saves ur themes and is more ui I think

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)

With handcent, anyone you have on blacklist will let you still receive the text message but it doesn't give you a notification and doesn't show it in your inbox either. So essentially, you never know they're texting you but you can enable it where it does show the texts in your inbox but theyre marked so you know its someone whos blacklisted.

bigdog9586

Reaction score
and for those of you who like me don't text, call V and have them block all texts as if you are texted and don't have the block, you have to pay for them. Boy what a way to screw someone you don't like if they don't have text. Just text them a couple hundred times at 20 cents per.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Open Handcent. Menu, Settings, Security & Privacy. Select Blacklist and choose settings.

My Droid X does not have a security % privacy. It has location & security or privacy to choose, and I don't see blacklist in either setting.

Atrey
1st open Handcent... from inside Handcent go to menu > settings > etc.

You lost me. I don't have a menu. I have Settings with a little screw like icon, when I go into that I only have what I listed above, I don't have a security/privacy anywhere I can find on this phone.

xliderider

Reaction score
My Droid X does not have a security % privacy. It has location & security or privacy to choose, and I don't see blacklist in either setting.

Atrey

You lost me. I don't have a menu. I have Settings with a little screw like icon, when I go into that I only have what I listed above, I don't have a security/privacy anywhere I can find on this phone.

Do you even have the app called Handcent SMS installed on your X?

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Atrey

Do you even have the app called Handcent SMS installed on your X?

No, I do not.

Is that suppose to be a standard app preinstalled?

If so, lol, I don't have it.

Reaction score
You can use hancent for txt. If you get a message from an unwanted person long press the message and choose blacklist. Also mr phone blocker is a god send

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App