Can I back up / Save / Access my contacts when phone is off or not turning on ?

urdie

Reaction score
Hi,

My Nexus has decieded not not start up any further than the ''Google'' boot screen and I am taking it to be swapped over tomrrow for a new one.

Is there any way possible i can get my information especially contacts from my device ?

thanks in advance

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Hi,

My Nexus has decieded not not start up any further than the ''Google'' boot screen and I am taking it to be swapped over tomrrow for a new one.

Is there any way possible i can get my information especially contacts from my device ?

thanks in advance

About your phone not going farther than the Google screen, can you get into recovery? To get into recovery hold both volume buttons and power button as you are powering the device on. From there use the volume rocker to scroll to recovery. Select it with the power button. I believe with the stock recovery you will get a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. To bypass that, you press volume up and power button simultaneously. Once in recovery, try wiping cache then rebooting. If your phone still is stuck at the Google screen after wiping cache, go back into recovery and perform a factory reset.

About your contacts, they should sync with your Google login. If you log into your gmail account on your PC, you should be able to see them (or any web browser really). You can export them into various file formats if you want, but when you sign back into your gmail account with your new device (or wiped device) it should allow you to sync your contacts.

OP
U

urdie

Reaction score
Thanks for your responce bud, I know I have a Gmail account as I got notifications when my phone was working. I've just signed in and no sign of my contacts. Where would this be ?
(sorry im a total noob when it comes to phones)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Are you signing in on your phone or on a PC? On your phone, they should sync automatically by default. To check this go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > *you account* > Verify that Contacts is checked.

On a PC (or web browser) : About the Contact Manager - Gmail Help

OP
U

urdie

Reaction score
Im signing in via web browser as my phone isnt turning on.

For some reason i cant log in using my current gmail email adress that i use on my phone :s

Minahan1

Reaction score
Did you try to do a factory reset?
Your contacts will be saved with the Gmail account on your phone.

Last edited:

nubby

Reaction score
If you are getting a new one, when you sign in on the new phone, your contacts will be there.