Can I activate a verison Droid X on another CDMA network?

mrkavanagh

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time posting.

I currently have a Motorola Milestone A854 with Cellular South and was curious if I could buy a verison Droid X and some how clone my milestone settings on it so that I could use the Droid X instead.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
You would have to buy the phone out right if your carrier does not offer the DX(you could wait for a DX2 coming in a few months, maybe sooner) you would have to buy the phone outright at a price tag of around $400 probably.

However this is probably a question best left for your carrier to answer.The short answer is it should be possible, but I cant really comment on that.

Odd they refer to the D1 as the Milestone, in the US the phone was called the D1, it was marketed as the Milestone overseas though.

mamawm

Reaction score
You would have to buy the phone out right if your carrier does not offer the DX(you could wait for a DX2 coming in a few months, maybe sooner) you would have to buy the phone outright at a price tag of around $400 probably.

However this is probably a question best left for your carrier to answer.The short answer is it should be possible, but I cant really comment on that.

Odd they refer to the D1 as the Milestone, in the US the phone was called the D1, it was marketed as the Milestone overseas though.
cellular south does in fact sell a cdma milestone, it is not european only.

as to whether the dx could be flashed to cellular south, it think is should be possible, however, i recently asked a cellular south rep if i could have my verizon phone flashed to cellular south and he said no, they do not allow phones from other carriers to be flashed to their network.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
cellular south does in fact sell a cdma milestone, it is not european only.
Sorry your right, there was an updated version of the Milestone with 2G only launched in the US according to Wiki, but yet the Moto site even says it is not available in the US. Hadnt looked in to the Milestone since it launched as I was going to buy one to use on ATT but for some reason I never did. Forget why.