Can GPS provide live maps?

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I know it couldn't before but are there any updates for allowing live maps w/o a destination?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
GPS? You mean Google Nav? You can use Google Maps if you want a 2D follow-me map. That's it. If you want a 3D follow-me map then look for a GPS nav app that offers it.

Mule65

Reaction score
1-tap 3D Google Nav "follow me" would be nice.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
But how do you access the 2D follow me map?

Start the Car Home app and choose Navigate (if you want to enter a destination) or View Map (if you just want to see your location on the map and have it follow you).

EtherGnat

Reaction score
You can put in a dummy location on your route and then partially exit back out and have follow me 3D nav, but it's a pain in the ass. It's a really basic function and I can't believe it doesn't have it. I like to leave my nav running just to keep an idea where I am. It's especially awesome with satellite view.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
Speedometer, in marketplace, offers a recording of location, speed and other data, based on GPS location. It records your movements, and puts on to a google map. You can play it back in real time, or even zip through it in fast forward mode. I use it for riding the canyons here in socal on my motorcycle. It is a super cool app!