Can Google Assistant voice prompt when ok Google by silent

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
What just happened? What are we talking about now?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Just that I was talking about the assistant being chatty at 1st then not so much after it's used a few times and that I wasn't asking about the media volume in the original question.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oh, OK. I think the answer that "it is what it is with no options to change that" still stands.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I respectfully disagree, I don't find the Home overly chatty or the voice recognition responses annoying. In fact I even set mine to always display a tone when it recognizes all voice commands; like lowering the current volume....mine will play a short tone as the volume lowers so I know she heard my command.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I respectfully disagree, I don't find the Home overly chatty or the voice recognition responses annoying. In fact I even set mine to always display a tone when it recognizes all voice commands; like lowering the current volume....mine will play a short tone as the volume lowers so I know she heard my command.

I don't see ways to set the customization you are describing ie "display a tone"

Also when asking for navigation like navigate to address I have to use my fingerprint to unlock before it will show the screen . I think Google maps needs permission to be on lock screen?

Interesting enough the Moto voice commands , separate from Google Assistant seem to by pass the lock screen once you train your voice in Moto Assistant.
Other option is to disable lock screen when Bluetooth device is connected.
Testing best combination on force..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't see ways to set the customization you are describing ie "display a tone"

Also when asking for navigation like navigate to address I have to use my fingerprint to unlock before it will show the screen . I think Google maps needs permission to be on lock screen?

Interesting enough the Moto voice commands , separate from Google Assistant seem to by pass the lock screen once you train your voice in Moto Assistant.
Other option is to disable lock screen when Bluetooth device is connected.
Testing best combination on force..

1.) The customization option I mentioned was for the Google Home device, not the Assistant app.

2.) Yes, Assistant rarely bypasses the Lock Screen, that's a Google Security feature.

3.) That's why the Moto app and Moto Voice is so awesome.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
1.) The customization option I mentioned was for the Google Home device, not the Assistant app.

2.) Yes, Assistant rarely bypasses the Lock Screen, that's a Google Security feature.

3.) That's why the Moto app and Moto Voice is so awesome.

I can get Moto app to respond to navigate to but it will respond to open maps then I have to click microphone. Ugh :(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are you saying the command all at once? Example:

OK Google...Navigate to 123 Anyplace Street, Anytown

Or waiting for her to respond and then trying to navigate using voice?

When I say it all as one command Google Now opens Maps and starts navigation for me. Then again, I am still using Google Now so this might be limited functionality with the new Assistant?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

it is too chatty when gh says "sure, turning soso light off" and alexa just says "okay"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
it is too chatty when gh says "sure, turning soso light off" and alexa just says "okay"
I guess it's all a matter of opinion. And we all know the saying about opinions.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Are you saying the command all at once? Example:

OK Google...Navigate to 123 Anyplace Street, Anytown

Or waiting for her to respond and then trying to navigate using voice?

When I say it all as one command Google Now opens Maps and starts navigation for me. Then again, I am still using Google Now so this might be limited functionality with the new Assistant?

When I say it either way on the lock screen it waits for fingerprint and then I have to say navigate to etc. Used to not need to.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
From what I am understanding, is that normally when you use OK Google for the first time, it has a welcome screen light welcome use OK Google for as to whether and stuff like that, I think what he's trying to do is turn it off so it only does the introduction one time, and then the rest of the time she goes bloop bloop and then it just you know just do what you want it. If you hold in the home button and get to the Google screen, there should be an icon in the top-right corner if you click on that, you should be able to go to the settings, and there somewhere should be something for using the Google Assistant, if you need to turn it off and then turn it back on in that menu. Hope this helps
Didn't find a setting to set it to bloop bloop bloop but it has lots of other settings. It has ability to work on lock screen if you speak through a blue tooth head set but my car blue tooth does seem to work with it. It doesn't have a way to specify specific blue tooth headsets either. Also the Moto smart lock seems to be disabled as well. Not sure if they increased security or if it's a bug. Hmm

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's because there is no Setting for that.

Have you tried Trusted Voice to help unlock your phone?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
There is no trusted voice or any options in smart Lock on z2 force unless mine is buggy or I am missing a setting I am beginning to think if fingerprint is on it might disable those options