Can find droid wifi tether, but cannot connect

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by orthrwi, Jan 6, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orthrwi

orthrwi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Our IT professional modified my droid this afternoon in accordance with the instructions on this site. In reviewing the log, it appeared to him that all the files were placed and installed as recommended and everything had executed the way he thought it should. However, he was unable to find the droid wifi tether signal using several pda's.

I tried to find it with my laptop (windows 7), and could find it but the laptop was unable to determine the SSID and was unable to connect. The SSID is Android and the laptop called it Other Network. Even when I entered the correct SSID and the passphrase, it was unable to connect.

I don't know where to go from here.

1. Are there some recommended initial settings to make the connection easier? (I'm not concerned about security where I will be using the droid.)

2. Should the regular wifi be turned on? I know that sounds stupid, but my thought was that maybe the tether program turned it on for its own purposes.

3. Should the "don't disable wifi" be checked?

4. 'Use bluetooth" is not checked.

5. I have checked "Enable wifi encryption".

6. I have not checked "enable access control".

7. I have "all clients" for "client notification mode".

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll be leaving the office for 5 weeks and I would like to have it working by tomorrow noon. - Not much lead time.

Thanks for your consideration
    orthrwi
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. zerosignal0

zerosignal0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site and not to flame you but maybe your IT Professional needs to show you how to search on forums as well since we have a lengthy thread on this subject already right next to yours. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-wifi-tether-wireless-tether-root-users.html
  3. tnlimey

tnlimey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was also unable to see the SSID from my MAC until I renamed the Droid to android instead of Android, I read that somewhere. Then I could connect and DHCP gave me an IP address and I was on.
    I disconnected, tried again, but although I could see and connect to the Droid, DHCP would not give my MAC an IP address. I tried many times to connect.
    I'm still looking for an answer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

android wifi tether unable to connect

can not obtain ip address on wifi tether

cannot connect teathering

cant connect to wifi tether

easy tether cannot locate network adapter

impossibleto connect to android tethering

tethering unable to join network
unable to join network ของ android tathering