Can FB, Goggles, News & Weather be deleted?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you rooted?

OP
P

psrumors

Reaction score
Nope...if that is the only way I'll let 'em ride for a while. Not going to root till I am bored with the stock phone.

Beardface

Reaction score
Are you rooted?
I don't even think you have to be rooted. I believe that with LauncherPro, you can just long press the icon to bring to the Home Screen, and then hover for an extended period over the trashcan and it'll uninstall it.

I have yet to try with any native Google Apps, but I believe that should work. I am very tempted to try with the Facebook app, cause it ran for an hour this morning after starting on its own and drained my battery from 100% to 80% before I realized. No idea what happened, but I force closed it and it should have cleared it up.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Are you rooted?
I don't even think you have to be rooted. I believe that with LauncherPro, you can just long press the icon to bring to the Home Screen, and then hover for an extended period over the trashcan and it'll uninstall it.

I have yet to try with any native Google Apps, but I believe that should work. I am very tempted to try with the Facebook app, cause it ran for an hour this morning after starting on its own and drained my battery from 100% to 80% before I realized. No idea what happened, but I force closed it and it should have cleared it up.

I just tried this with Visual VM and it only uninstalls the updates but keeps the factory version of the application.