Can everyone with BB v0.8 check this

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by FSRBIKER, Mar 17, 2010.

1. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this question about the Verizon 2.1 update in the Hacks section and was told that it's possible it wasn't included in BB or it didn't flash right: I am running BB v0.8 and the baseband version is C_01.3E01P and I saw Verizon is using C_01.3E.03P in their new update, I really have no clue on what this means so any help out there?

Here is one response:
    "It means there is a radio update.

Its only available via the official OTA update, or the sbf. Those of you who did not flash the sbf, or did not flash all steps successfully, did not get the radio update."

Can everyone check to see which baseband version they have and post it here.
  2. Dmoralize

Dmoralize Member

Ratings:
    +0
    C_01.3E.01P

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure if the official 2.1 contains an update then we'll be seeing a similar update that can be applied manually.
  3. AquaDan88

AquaDan88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    C_01.3E.01P Same.
  4. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What it means is that the only way to update to the newer baseband is to flash the .SBF file or through the OTA update. I don't think any of the ROMs have it so it will update your phone otherwise we all would have to activate our phones again.

You flashed fine this is just a limitation of ROM flashing. Don't worry about it too much. As for me though I'm flashing the .SBF file just to try it out, unfortunately it's a pain in the a$$ because I have a Mac and RSDLite is a windows only program.
  5. DAVPX

DAVPX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    C_01.3e.01p
  6. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    everyone is going to have the same baseband unless you flashed the 2.1 .sbf file with RSDLite.
  7. Invader DJ

Invader DJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has there been any indication that the newer baseband does anything? Like any signal improvements, call clarity improvements or anything like that?

Because my experience with the iPhone tells me that when the baseband is updated, the only user facing change is making it harder to unlock the phone for other networks. Of course that is a different phone with an entirely different wireless network type, but I'm still skeptical.
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wonder if that has something to do with closing the root access/exploit or worse, locking the boot-loader (like on the Milestone). Either way until we know for sure I'm not touching it. If it provides anything useful the chefs (especially Pete) will find a way to update it via their ROMs. They will (if they haven't already) capture the actual OTA update package so they will be able to pull whatever is and see if it's necessary.
  9. Coosa Droid

Coosa Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same version.

I assume this is the same for all ROMs? Hopefully trhere will be a new thread as soon as someone figure it out.
  10. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As mentioned flashing an sbf or the verizon update is the only way your going to get it... it only has to do with the radio (cell) improvements.