Can Droid stop syncing exchange mail at night

tdougher

Reaction score
I have been looking for an app that will allow me to automatically stop checking or pushing emails after a certain time of day but still keep the phone and txt notifications working. For my job I need to be able to get txt messages and calls at night but I do not want my phone to keep beeping at every email that comes in. I have tried "profiles" and "Timeriffic". Both are very good apps, but they fall short of stopping the phone from recieving email after a certain time of day.

JayMonster

Reaction score
This is one of the complaints about the Exchange Client that comes with the Droid that it does not support this. You may wish to check out Touchdown for Exchange by NitroDesk (they have a 5 day demo version in the Marketplace)... which supports more functionality including policies, so that may work for you. (It is currently "on sale" for $10, I don't know what the regular price is)

Caindris

Reaction score
Is there a reason that disabling the notification sound for the exchange delivery wouldn't work?

Caindris

Reaction score
I think you can just turn off background syncing? its in settings somewhere...

This is true too. You could change the sync setting from push to never.

Edit: Settings -> Accounts & Syncs -> Exchange Mailbox -> Account settings -> Email check frequency

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
I guess that would work. But to me ending the task is easier. I just have to click on the icon to restart the app.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I believe the OP was looking for a solution that did this "automatically", every night, starting at a certain hour and then ending in the morning. I know there are certain "profile" apps that may have the ability to silence the notifications automatically during certain hours of the day (Quick Profile may be one), but I don't know of a way to set the Droid to stop syncing some types of activity (but not others) automatically, for a certain time to another certain time, every day...

musicman

Reaction score
This probably isn't exactly what you want, but I think it can solve your problem. The app bedside allows you to choose what notifications, alarms, an calls you want to make noise. It will not stop emails, but it can stop them from making noise while still allowing calls and texts to come thru. Hope this helps.

God bless

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can set this up in Touchdown....

tribilin

Reaction score
Try Timeriffic. It allows you to set ringer, vibrate, volume, notification volume, wifi, brightness, airplaine mode, and bluetooth at specific days of the week and times.