1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can Droid run Iphone OS?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Benny, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Benny

Benny New Member

I've seen people run Linux on their droid. So would it be possible to run Iphone OS on Android? I'm no developer or anything, but I think someone could port this to Android just like they did with Linux. So would this be possible?
  2. younga01

younga01 New Member

BLASPHEMY!!!

J/K.

Actually, the Android OS is Linux based I believe which makes it a bit easier to port.

I could be wrong though.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Hope you have a good Flamesuit.....
  4. dredge

dredge New Member

screw the OS, all we need is the iphone facebook ported to us

/end thread
  5. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

tsk tsk, Why ever would you do such a horrible thing? And not to mention that Steve Jobs would track you down and sue your pants off.
  6. Benny

Benny New Member

I think it would be pretty awesome to be able to have iPhone and Android OS on the same phone.
  7. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah Android = Linux

Android > Apple related software
  8. Benny

Benny New Member

So this is 100% possible?
  9. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Today I was driving down the road following a Ford Focus. I noticed on the left side the word "Lexus" in decals. Hmm. Did Lexus produce a "Focus" model that I'm unaware of? Nope - there in the center of the trunk was the old Ford Logo in all it's oval splendor!

So, what's this got to do with the topic at hand? Simple. Plenty of Droid stickers around. Just buy an iPhone and STICK IT TO IT! :icon_ banana:

Why would you want to run an iPhone OS on a Droid? Wouldn't it be simpler to just buy the iPhone? Hmm - can't wait around to hear your answer. I see a very large crowd of Droidians approaching very rapidly, screaming, yelling waving big bats and cursing at me with very vile looks spitting out of their eyes... :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: mikey:)
  10. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Shouldn't it be that you saw a Lexus with a Ford logo? that would be more akin to our Droids running iPhoney OS...

And agree, if the OP wants the iPhoney OS he should just buy one and give his Droid to one of us:icon_ banana:
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  11. bb-gun

bb-gun New Member

The word i*hone is forbidden on these forums. You can't say it unless you're criticizing it.

Anyways. It would be pretty cool if it was possible. Not like i would try it out or anything. ;)
  12. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

We're just returning the favor:icon_ banana: since Google and, more specifically Android are forbidden words to Apple and Mr. Jobs:icon_ devil:
  13. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Seriously?:icon_eek:

Maybe you need an iPhone...there is NO WAY in hell I would try that. Maybe iPhones apps, but not the OS, unless there were heavy overtones of Android mixed in it...
  14. cuskit

cuskit New Member

LOL. Yea - more appropriate, but I didn't make this up - I actually DID see this. A young girl was driving the Focus. Wish I could have given her the keys to a brand new Lexus - bet that would have made her day!

As I passed her, I noticed her talking on an iphone..... :icon_ banana:

Okay - that is not true.. :icon_ devil: Just had to say it! :) mikey :)
  15. bb-gun

bb-gun New Member

Thats what I mean. If you had the OS couldn't you run the apps? or not? or we don't know? or we never will know? or we might know, but not anytime soon? or we don't care?
  16. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

Oh yea just what i want, apps blessed by steve jobs. Buy a damm iphone.
  17. christim

christim Super Moderator

Just picking a quote, the last post to comment on...could have been any of them.

If a free app came out in the market that was an iphone emulator that let you run any iphone app on it....nobody would check some apps out and having done so nobody would run keep and run one? I know this thread isn't "everyone" but beyond the op I'm sure at least one poster of this thread would check out such an app. While the op wanted to know if we could run the iphone os on our Droids I think a solution was being offered rather than stating the situation that wanted to be fixed. If Android could run all phone apps that would be a good thing for Android.

For the OP, the iphone OS would take up internal space on our phones we need for other things. I've gotten my phone down to 20mb or so of free space. It would have to run on your sdcard most likely.
    portableapps.com does have a portable app that lets you run a Mac OS on a usb stick plugged into windows. So such things can be done, not sure if they will be though. Creating a Mac-on-Stick using Mini vMac [LinuxBeacon].
    CodeWeavers delivers Compatibility for Mac and Linux. Your Windows Mac and Linux CrossOver solution - CodeWeavers is another place that might do such a thing eventually.

You couldn't run two os's because the hooks to the hardware is probably different so apps would still have to be build for different phones. An emulator would be the "translator language" that would hook the iphone apps to the droid's interfaces. If that occured and you had to go to the iphone store to buy apps Apple might be fine with it. Then again they might not be, who knows.

So anyways...the op probably doesn't want two phones. He could have just done that and I'm hoping he wants to keep the Droid...just wants to make it better!
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  18. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, we all want Droid to get better but somewhere along the line are we forgetting how great it is? Even without a root, Droid rocks.

When I had the Blackberry Storm there were a lot of apps to make the Storm either appear or work like an iPhone. I just don't see that happening with the Droid. But as you stated in part of your post that I didn't quote other people probably do think about it. I'm not one of them
  19. FlipBack

FlipBack New Member

Dual booting iPhone os would be a cool trick to wow friends.
  20. christim

christim Super Moderator

some of us also bought the Droid because it was the cutting edge best Android phone out there. Some of us waited past the 2 yr renewal because we wanted this phone. The first one running on Android 2.0. The iPhone has a head start as far as apps but we are catching up. Whenever there is demand someone will step up to provide supply. We don't have the benefit of already having it but we do get to experience the anticipation of more good things to come.
Search tags for this page
can you install iphone os on android
can you run iphone os on android
droid running iphone os
how to install iphone os on android
how to install iphone software on android
how to run iphone on android
how to run iphone os on android
how to run iphone software on android

install iphone os on android

install iphone os on android phone

iphone os on android