Can apps be put on the SD card?

cablelayer

Reaction score
Sorry, New here. Have a Blackberry Tour (Tired of the lame apps) and gonna make the switch to the X. Can apps be placed on the SD card or just the phone?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Phone only.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
When the 2.2 update gets pushed to the X later this summer, it will allow some apps to be installed to the sdcard. It will be up to the app dev to decide whether or not he/she wants to allow that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When the 2.2 update gets pushed to the X later this summer, it will allow some apps to be installed to the sdcard. It will be up to the app dev to decide whether or not he/she wants to allow that.

Or maybe one of our many Brainiacs will figure something to put into terminal to allow this. On Froyo version 2 someone came up with something for the Droid, but it did not work for Froyo version 3.

DeadRinga

Reaction score
The X has 6.5 GB of app space... Apps2SD/Froyo2SD are pointless.

cheree553

Reaction score
6.5 gb

Why do I keep getting the "phone storage getting low message" if I have 6.5 gb of phone storage memory? This is the main reason I want to save my apps to the sd card.

Also, how do I even accomplish saving my apps to the sd?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why do I keep getting the "phone storage getting low message" if I have 6.5 gb of phone storage memory? This is the main reason I want to save my apps to the sd card.

You need 2.2 on the X.....It's being pushed soon...

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

how did you manage that lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
well said. on leaked froyo you're able to go to manage apps and move some of them to sd.

cheree553

Reaction score
@Sweet - Lol - I didn't manage it - my phone storage says I only have 29.78MB, however "DeadRinga" posted on 7/7 that "The X has 6.5 GB of app space... Apps2SD/Froyo2SD are pointless." I wanted to know how he managed that? If I load too many apps I get the message of "phone storage memory is getting low". @backnblack - so I need to wait until 2.2 comes out - will it be a "system update"? Thanks