Can Anything Be Done About This Invasion Of Privacy?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon has to be spying on us for market and data research, probably more. All the big companies do it these days. Facebook data mines the hell out of our information. It's pretty sad how intrusive the quest for money has gotten on the web and connected devices.

rduckwor

Reaction score
We can all relax, Senator Al Franken is on the case.

Truthfully, you know something is there. After all, VZW said they don't use "CARRIER IQ" on their handsets. That leaves a lot open.

RMD

rduckwor

Reaction score
NBC just reported on this story complete with an "expert" who says that key log data is not being transmitted. Depending upon your level of paranoia, you can rest easy or being really irritated.

RMD

bijancrash

Reaction score
I checked out my phone and found a bunch of apps with the same logo/icon as the one in the video. There are 10 of them fake blur xmpp, contacts sync, hst cmd, motoblur index....etc. same characteristics.....cant uninstall or stop. Even tried to put them in quarentine. Nothing worked!!!

Last edited:

Arodnum1

Reaction score
We can all relax, Senator Al Franken is on the case.

Truthfully, you know something is there. After all, VZW said they don't use "CARRIER IQ" on their handsets. That leaves a lot open.

RMD

Because when there's a problem, all we need is senator Al Franken lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bijancrash

Reaction score
Its there...same icon different names. There are actually 10. And they cant even be quarentined!

Nyobie

Reaction score
Tonight, this invasion of privacy topic was on our local news in SE Michigan.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

puddin

Reaction score
Here is an app Supercurio made. Dont need root to use it. Bionic looks clean. Supercurio brings Carrier IQ detection to the people, pitchfork optional -- Engadget

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Anyone know of these services do:

Admin Notifier
com.verizon.permissions.appdi
com.verizon.permissions.vzwapp
Fake Blur Xmpp
GeoLocFileObserverService
Kpi Logger Service
MOTOBLUR indexing Service

If you have any ideas of what these services are, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
I too sometimes wondered why apps need to access so much information. I downloaded an app called "LBE Privacy Guard" which allows you to control what the apps can access. You do have to be rooted to use it. I also found a nice app called "Adfree" which blocks alot of inline ads apps have. (also need to be rooted)

Mike

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
Wrap your phone with aluminum foil to fix it. Also be sure to put your foil hat on too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums