can anyone tell me why?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by solohikr, Apr 17, 2012.

1. solohikr

solohikr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the drod razr, why would I need to root it? what are the things I can do rooted that would make it worth all the trouble? I had the droid X rooted a few years ago, The only advantage then was wireless tethering. I hav Foxfi now so are there any other reasons for me to root?

2. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +56
    Nandroid backups.

3. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    For most users there is no need to root your Razr. It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish by rooting. If you like to tinker, load different ROMs, "fine tune" settings that you can't get to without root to extend time between charges, over-clock or under-clock the CPU, load themes that require root and rid yourself of apps that you don't use or want then root maybe something you want to do. With the amount of memory and the speed of the CPU's on current smartphones there is really no need to root to recapture memory (for most people) or to "speed the phone up". It's really a personal preference and what it is you're trying to accomplish. Some users want to root "just because they can".

4. bens42608

bens42608 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    +1
    There's just really no need to root like there used to be. This is why I don't see the big deal about the nexus or this huge controversy about locked bootloaders. I loved rooting my og DROID but that's because it was necessary to make it work correctly by overclocking to a gig and making android keep more ram free. Nowadays we have dual-core processors and ram >=a gig that are blazing fast stock. Why flash a rom just for things to be a little different but not much better and probably temporarily break your camera... flashing is fun but I just don't see a practical reason for it nowadays

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

5. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +678
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    I agree completely with that if you have to ask what benefits there would be for you, you are better off leaving your phone alone and keeping it stock. The Razr runs so great even with the bloatware, and now with Foxfi you don't need root to tether which was a big thing for most people.

I am rooted but that is it, I have Titanium Backup installed but I don't have anything frozen. I do use android wifi tether over Foxfi because I have better success with it, but other than that I am not utilizing root. I am not interested in the ROMS for the phone, GoLauncher and it's product line keeps me customized enough for my taste.

Plus you don't want your next post to be "Need help ASAP", bricked my phone flashing a ROM, or uploading leaked OS. So enjoy the Razr in her natural beauty.

6. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    This thread has been cleaned.

If you have anything constructive to add, please do so. If you do not, don't.

Sent from the second version via the third edition.

7. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Sorry but threads like this need to be merged with the other 100 or so threads already on this forum...
    Same could go for battery issues and such.

----posted maxx'ed out----

8. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Don't be sorry.

I think that if I'm honest, wading through thousands of posts to merge them isn't a big priority when members are posting inappropriate comments to each other.

Just a thought.

Sent from the second version via the third edition.