can anyone port a rom over?

Mike253

Reaction score
Lol ill take a look into the manifest.

Is it baked bean or are you wanting PA?
Believe paranoid android is the one with that special navigation keys.. always wanted those lol.

Meh, computers are just sitting down, reading instructions and taking your time to understand what's going on.

I hate dell. Propietary pieces of sh*t..

Think of it this way, if you had too buy a special tool just too replace a part on your vehicle, and the manufacturer of that vehicle charges ridiculous prices for it, wouldn't that piss you off?

kinda amazes me how reflowing the solder points for that guy worked though.

Edit #1
My motherboard should be here today. Least from what the shipping status say lol.

ylak26

Reaction score
paranoid android is the shizzz. been waiting for someone to port that rom over to the D4. I'd do it myself if I knew how :p

Mike253

Reaction score
paranoid android is the shizzz. been waiting for someone to port that rom over to the D4. I'd do it myself if I knew how :p

Lol it is the shiz.

Well, here's an update, its going to be a while before I get Ubuntu back on my new setup. I have to buy a new case and a fan controller since my motherboard has the fans running on high constantly. Once I get it setup ill merge the cm10.1 kernel into pa. Then ill release after testing and sh*t.

duza42

Reaction score
Hey with all this talk of porting I'd love to learn how to. I have a decent amount of programming experience but have no idea where to start with android roms. Do you have a few tutorials you could link me to?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I know that apps are based on Java and HTML 5. I'm guessing that the OS is the same, or at least that's what I read on Google's site. As for where to start, just check Google's Android page. If you have experience, I don't yet, then it should be easy to figure out.

Reaction score
PS: Mike, you a fan of Ubuntu's latest additions, I.e. Amazon? I'm currently running Fedora on my laptop (main machine)

I'm thinking of running CentOS or Gentoo on my backup tower

Mike253

Reaction score
Ill have to find all my tutorials I used.
And yeah, the google android tutorials are ehhh, but the ones on xda are of higher quality.

They seriously got ahold of amazon? That's crazy.
Thing is though, my new motherboard currently has one fan that's going at like 4000 rpm constantly, and its loud. I can't control it through software nor bios, which means I'm going to A. Get a fan controller or B. Get a much quieter fan at the same speed.

And also my soundcard with linux has been less than desireable (unsupported or incomplete drivers) since I also use my machine for work/school/minor gaming, its kind of unacceptable since I have a sub, a 4 speaker stereo, and my monitors speakers hooked up too it.

How good is gentoo and centOs? I've never used them. I've used mostly Ubuntu because I've customized my distro for what I needed.

Mike253

Reaction score
Starting baked bean dev now. gonna try a port then if needed ill go more in depth as time goes by. Gonna have a base of cm10 latest nightly.

Mike253

Reaction score
I got it to boot, but i need to do a tad bit of debugging since it hung which usually means somethings not right.. and im not gonna release an unstable build lol.
-Note i will probably talk to Hashcode/Dhacker to get it up on Goo.im so its easier to find and maybe even talk to the BAKED guys to get it supported. We'll see.

God i love safestrap.. its saved my ass so many times when something i did would f*ck up.. lol.

My old crespo4g (Sprint Nexus S 4G) knows this very well.. :p

Mike253

Reaction score
PS: Mike, you a fan of Ubuntu's latest additions, I.e. Amazon? I'm currently running Fedora on my laptop (main machine)

I'm thinking of running CentOS or Gentoo on my backup tower

I disabled everything for HID or whatever. The only thing that i have it search is the computer and my server for the files i need.

Mike253

Reaction score
Well guys..
Ran into a major brick wall. Ported Baked over to the Droid 4 but it doesn't boot fully. Its stuck on the boot logo.

Now this is a major brick wall because I cannot do a log cat during boot for some reason (for debugging what's wrong).

While for cm10.1/liquid/aokp it works no problem during boot.