Can anyone make this Live Wallapaper???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by quiksilver225, May 24, 2010.

1. quiksilver225

quiksilver225 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im definitely incapable of handling a task f this magnitude so i thought i come here, make a thread, and try to find a developer who is up to the task. I want to take this wallpaper which come with the DarkEdge package(and looks good as a static wallpaper) and make it better as a live wallpaper. if the blue smoke/wave object could flow up and down across the screen it would look absolutely incredible. much better than the excessively common nexus/cyan moving particles. if anyone thinks that they can do this please let me know. im sure there are a ton of guys who would appreciate it, especially the darkedge and blue themed crowd!
    [​IMG]

2. quiksilver225

quiksilver225 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    forgot to mention that it is crucial that the back ground be plain black.

3. quiksilver225

quiksilver225 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    really?!?! nobody can do this???

4. Shelooga

Shelooga Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i would love that. but unfortunately i can only use what im given, cant create

5. quiksilver225

quiksilver225 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i know. it would be sick! i wish i knew how to do this stuff, because id have it done already

6. WLJohnson05

WLJohnson05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i also have a custom one in mind that i would like to have made if someone has the talent to do so.

PM me for details so we arent junking up this thread

7. WLJohnson05

WLJohnson05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no one wants to take a minute to help me make the swap?

8. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    I just want a phila eagles one <g>

9. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    the reason no one can do this is the following
    -it takes extensive knowledge of java and the android OS to create a LWP, and the hardcore devs that have that knowledge are making roms or themes or apps, it would take as much time to create this one LWP as it would to make an app..
    -The ones you see hear that are making custom LWPs are just changing the background images and LEDs for the neural network LWP, and some(including myself) have been able to customize the water ripple on as well. although those still take some significant work because they are different sizes based on ROM

10. WLJohnson05

WLJohnson05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so no one out there is making pure custom interactive ones?

11. quiksilver225

quiksilver225 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats BS. if there is someone who can take time out to make all these themes and ROMs which are becoming more and more boring and similar then surely they can take the time to do something completely and original that a lot of ppl would probably appreciate. Im sure there is a developer out there who will catch wind of this discussion soon enough and go for it rather then screw around with tweaking more icons and colors...

12. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Define interactive...if you are talking as in the Neural Network live wallpaper with a different image, then sure, that can be done semi easy, search the hacks section to find a tutorial...if you are talking about a live wallpaper with a totally different and custom design/reaction/flow, then of course it's hard. It's not as easy as changing a line of code to say "i want this thing to move in this manner in that direction". The whole coding of the Live Wallpaper is different.

13. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I'd be SHOCKED if a dev chose to make a LWP instead of a rom.. as a programmer myself(c++, not java) I know that I would have little motivation to create a moving wallpaper rather than an overclocked, wifi tethering, themed ROM

14. quiksilver225

quiksilver225 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    id like to see something other than the neural network animation. its boring. im sure any idiot with a little know-how and minimal experience could make a neuarl network modification like color changes ans such. there are far too many neural network re-do wallpapers out there which is what brought me here in the first place. my idea was to have the image i initially posted turned live in such a way that the blue wave/smoke would flow up and down across the screen. something similar to the animation provided with music player or media players, like windows media player for example. shouldnt be terribly difficult and ppl would love it. if one person starts it i think it could spawn a reaction by several developers which would lead to a whole bunch of completely original wallpapers being available.

15. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are already tons of "original" live wallpapers in the market.