Can anyone confirm a working ROOT method?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got my other issues sorted out...

Is there any downside to rooting? I read somewhere that once rooted, you cannot unroot this phone. With updates and ICS sure to come in the coming months, I don't want to risk hosing something here. I would love to go in and freeze(simple renaming of the bloat apps from .apk to .old) does the trick and can easily be undone to prepare for an OTA...

I just don't want to do something that is not reversible and will screw me later.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried it again, it just says waiting for device, for 10 minutes. USB Debugging is on, charge only mode, etc...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has the device been rebooted? Are you working straight from the USB port in the PC?

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has the device been rebooted? Are you working straight from the USB port in the PC?

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

I will reboot now and try again, but yes, working with the USB cable it came with, straight from the USB port on the PC. Let me try from my laptop...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no dice.

I think that because my corporate email requires my Razr's internal storage and SD card to be encrypted, that messes with the root. I am sure that the exploit was not written to be able to root an encrypted device.

So it looks like no root for me. :-(

Fenian

Reaction score
@squiresca i have personally rooted and unrooted my own razr. Droidrazrroot.com has the instructions.

stevedz

Reaction score
Followed droidrazrroot.com and everything works perfectly. No issues, yet at least.

Fenian

Reaction score
Yes, USB enabled, charge only USB mode, ran the utility. Sat there for 10 minutes and did nothing, and now my phone cannot access any SD cards. Says it is checking the SD card for errors, and cannot mount the card that came with the phone or any cards for that matter. So it didn't root the phone, but it did mess it up...
"Did mess it up" is a bit vague. Care to elaborate? Did you install the driver?? You have to extract the runme.bat. even tho it runs, it wont root unless you extract.

jtpowell

Reaction score
Worked fine for me Doom2 version and I rooted with the Razr connected to a Virtual Machine XP on a Mac. If you are worried about it being a virus you can open up the .bat file and read the commands. You can also look at the contents you unzipped.

bullswife98

Reaction score
When I get my Razr I'm going to wait till ICS(OTA) drops first. Do you think this method will still work after it drops? Cuz even though ICS is awesome,we all know its going to be loaded with dumb bloatware as usual! So hope it will still be able to root with ics on it.

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
When I get my Razr I'm going to wait till ICS(OTA) drops first. Do you think this method will still work after it drops? Cuz even though ICS is awesome,we all know its going to be loaded with dumb bloatware as usual! So hope it will still be able to root with ics on it.

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

Not sure but there'll be a working method in no time if it this one doesn't work.