Can Anyone Change There Background UD8

trmiv

Reaction score
I had this same problem with UD 8 with the default theme included with it. I was running LauncherPro as well though. I reinstalled UD a few times trying to correct it, but never was able to.

mrcold

Reaction score
Same issue here. I've had it happen with a couple different themes. If I could find a nice ADW theme similar to Simple Black, maybe by someone who posted in this thread...possibly about 5 posts back...I could switch to one that doesn't have the problem. Just thinking out loud.

(was that subtle enough?)

Reaction score
Im using adw launcher, and i don't have any wallpapers other than the live walpapers, and the paper that comes with the launcher. I wish there was a UD walpaper zip we could install to get all the blackdroid stock papers. Im using UD8 by the way.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im using adw launcher, and i don't have any wallpapers other than the live walpapers, and the paper that comes with the launcher. I wish there was a UD walpaper zip we could install to get all the blackdroid stock papers. Im using UD8 by the way.

UD 8 and Launcher Pro...no issues (rarely even a redraw). Installed with Androzip and SP Recovery.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was having this issue so I decided to test it out. Reflashed UD, tried to change wallpapers and it worked. Applied thebowers' black n bold and trie to change wallpaper and it worked. Installed new kernel, and tried to change wallpaper and it worked. Did the LCD density hack...and it didn't work. So I think it's something there that causes this issue. The problem only occurred for me after doing the LCD hack. Is everyone who is having this problem also doing the density hack? If not, then maybe every phone just is different in this aspect too...

private1ne

Reaction score
I was having this issue so I decided to test it out. Reflashed UD, tried to change wallpapers and it worked. Applied thebowers' black n bold and trie to change wallpaper and it worked. Installed new kernel, and tried to change wallpaper and it worked. Did the LCD density hack...and it didn't work. So I think it's something there that causes this issue. The problem only occurred for me after doing the LCD hack. Is everyone who is having this problem also doing the density hack? If not, then maybe every phone just is different in this aspect too...

I just did a test myself. After a re-wipe and re-install wallpaper changed fine. Went into UD settings and changed the LED settings to customized colors and BAM UD default wallpaper every time!

Trofn8er

Reaction score

I just did a test myself. After a re-wipe and re-install wallpaper changed fine. Went into UD settings and changed the LED settings to customized colors and BAM UD default wallpaper every time!

Same here, must be a bug....reboot and bam back to normal.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I made about 20 wallpapers (non Live) and they all seem to work just fine. My opinion is that you are running a theme and there are too many files inthere. The ROM gets confused (so to speak) and just reverts to what it knows... the original.

private1ne

Reaction score
I made about 20 wallpapers (non Live) and they all seem to work just fine. My opinion is that you are running a theme and there are too many files inthere. The ROM gets confused (so to speak) and just reverts to what it knows... the original.

I'm not running a theme. I posted earlier that mine was affected when I tried to use the custome LED color for applications. Well after playing around some more I found out that if I try to use a custom LED for Google Voice, it sets the default wallpaper when I change it. Removed the custom LED color for GVoice and no problems. I guess maybe because it is a google app?

private1ne

Reaction score

Same here, must be a bug....reboot and bam back to normal.

I determined that on my phone it was the custom LED color for google voice that was causing the problem.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry man, didn't read the thread. I was just posting what I knew.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Odd I hadn't set up custom leds yet when I tested. Mine stopped working after the lcd hack. Definitely something weird going on

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

private1ne

Reaction score
Odd I hadn't set up custom leds yet when I tested. Mine stopped working after the lcd hack. Definitely something weird going on

Yeah that is weird because I haven't done the LCD hack at all.

private1ne

Reaction score

Yeah that is weird because I haven't done the LCD hack at all.

FYI I am a long time user of launcher pro. I tested ADW.Launcher today, and the wallpaper set immediately, but not on launcher pro and the default ROM launcher.