Can anybody recommend a cassette adaptor for the car?

Reaction score
Earlier this year I plunked down over 100 bucks to have a aux line installed in my car to I could play my iPhod. Now I've got a useless cable as I sold the phone and am happily married to my Droid. Problem, tunage! Usually I've found FM transmitters and cassette solutions blow. Anybody know of any semi-decent adapters instead of my forking over 100+ to have a whole new radio with aux line...

Thanks,

Mike

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i would think there would be some sort of adapter you could buy for you AUX cable. My AUX cable in my car is a standard 3.5mm and it fits into my mp3 perfectly through the same headphone jack. Haven't tried my Droid yet, but i tried the headsets from my mp3 player on my droid and it worked perfectly.

I hope Moto/Google come up with some audio settings for the media player. Or have i not figured that out yet?

techguru

Reaction score
It is getting hard to find decent cassette adapters now that most car stereos only have CD players and come with aux jacks. The best I ever had was from Discwasher, but I doubt it is still available (not sure the company even exists anymore). Also got a good one with a Panasonic CD player that I still use.

For a while there was a Bluetooth cassette adapter, but it just did headset profile, not Stereo Audio. There was a review and some advertisements for a stereo one, but it never made it to the US market (was available for a while in Korea).

I am currently thinking about just biting the bullet and getting a new head unit. This one looks pretty future proof: Dual XHD7714 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Has CD player, HD Radio, regular AUX input, Bluetooth, and a USB port so you can just have your music on a USB stick or portable hard drive, or could plug your Droid in and mount the SD, and it also works with Ipods.

Alan

kjrnec

Reaction score
I have an 2000 Infiniti I30 and play music through the cassette player with my Droid. But the 3.5mm jack on the droid sounds terrible with the volume cranked all the way up. There is static and distortion unless you have to volume at a certain level. I never had this problem with any mp3 player I used in my car.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
set your droid's volume to about 2/3 and then control volume through the car. It will help a lot.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the replies. even the antique shop remark as it's relevant. im just too cheap to shell out a couple hundred right now :p

godanigo

Reaction score
Are you sure your stereo doesn't also have an aux in, in the back? I have both (iPod and aux connection) in my stereo and it's a crap Pioneer. All I did was pull out the stereo and stick the aux cable into the back. What kind of stereo/car do you have? Because trust me, if I can do it, you can do it.

omnibus

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
I'll have to check about the aux in. I've got an '04 Jetta with the Monsoon sound system. Maybe I do. The Satechi looks sweet. I had the one that plugged right into the iPhone and it was the best transmitter hands down I had tried.

denlem

Reaction score
My Mustang has the AUX jack built in. I unplugged my Zune and plugged my phone into it. I had no issues at all and Slacker Radio played great!

nard

Reaction score
ebay sells cassette adapters for waay cheap. less than $3 including s and h. works well enough for me. plus its literally 3 dollars. you cant go wrong, its that simple.

Reaction score
Website
xlontech.net
Current Phone Model
Iphone X
ebay sells cassette adapters for waay cheap. less than $3 including s and h. works well enough for me. plus its literally 3 dollars. you cant go wrong, its that simple.
It is getting hard to find decent cassette adapters now that most car stereos only have CD players and come with aux jacks. The best I ever had was from Discwasher, but I doubt it is still available (not sure the company even exists anymore). Also got a good one with a Panasonic CD player that I still use.

For a while there was a Bluetooth cassette adapter, but it just did headset profile, not Stereo Audio. There was a review and some advertisements for a stereo one, but it never made it to the US market (was available for a while in Korea).

I am currently thinking about just biting the bullet and getting a new head unit. This one looks pretty future proof: Dual XHD7714 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Has CD player, HD Radio, regular AUX input, Bluetooth, and a USB port so you can just have your music on a USB stick or portable hard drive, or could plug your Droid in and mount the SD, and it also works with Ipods.

Alan

Thanks, really its helpful. But, i am looking a specific suggestion of a top rated one under $15. someone please help me.