Can anybody help? droid 2 PC program??

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by PERFECTspar10, Apr 29, 2011.

1. PERFECTspar10

PERFECTspar10 New Member

I am a frequent texter/email checker and unfortunately i spend most of my day at work. Since the use of personal phones is frowned upon in my workplace, is there an app or a program or any way I can run these features from my desktop rather than keeping my phone out all day?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to send/receive texts and emails from my work computer so i dont get in trouble for being on my cell phone.

I have a D2 - standard set up (no root)

Thanks in advance for keeping me from being fired!
  2. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 New Member

Set up a google voice account. If you can install chrome there are extensions that push emails and google voice notifications to icons right next to your url bar.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  3. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Welcome to the forum. If you google "send text from your pc", you'll get several options. Also, there is iGoogle. By clicking on "Add Stuff" and searching for "send Text", it will give you more options.
  4. b4ux1t3

b4ux1t3 New Member

You can give PDANet a try. It allows you to send and receive text messages if your phone is connected. It's also a free tethering app which doesn't cost anything extra. I've been using the free version, and it works great.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  5. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

Google Voice does the job well. You can text or call from the computer. Your incoming texts come to your computer in Voice and Mail if you have people text you on your Google Number.
  6. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Most companies reserve the right to monitor communications from their resources (computers, networks, etc).
    Are you absolutely sure you want to expose your personal communication to monitoring by your company? Things they discover about you may have a negative impact on your career there.
    Just my $0.02

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app