Can a rom enhance phones performance as well as its appearance?

musicman

Reaction score
I've read about all the improvements a rom can give to the appearance of a phone but are there any roms that can improve performance?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jloya

Reaction score
I think you may have things mixed up a bit

ROM is a performance enhancer

if you want to change or improve the appearance then thats a THEME

OP
M

musicman

Reaction score
You are correct. I am confused:) in that case, any suggestions?

jloya

Reaction score
lol well, what are you looking to get out of your phone?

If you want a performance "upgrade" then there are alot of awesome ROMS out for the DX, it really depends what your looking for

my favorite the the Rubix 1.8 ROM, super fast and outstanding battery life

feel free to ask anything

aDroidman

Reaction score
All roms add performance but some times that performance is not noticed because it is internal. Aka kernels if you don't know what to look for then you may not notice the difference.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jloya

Reaction score
All roms add performance but some times that performance is not noticed because it is internal. Aka kernels if you don't know what to look for then you may not notice the difference.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

no kernals for the x yet ;(

OP
M

musicman

Reaction score
Which is less likely to cause problems to my phone a theme or rom? I'm trying to take it slow and steady. Also, is there a guide to installing themes and roms? All help is appreciated. Thanks

cruckus

Reaction score
Which is less likely to cause problems to my phone a theme or rom? I'm trying to take it slow and steady. Also, is there a guide to installing themes and roms? All help is appreciated. Thanks

Usually there are instructions on how to load/install a rom or theme on your phone which the developers put on the page before the download

jloya

Reaction score

some roms do not like certain phones, the best thing you can do is make a back up of your current set up before loading a ROM that way if there is a problem you can just flash back to your previous set up and everything is ok.

Installation instructions are usually on the ROms dedicated thread, on the first page

check out the droid x ROM section

k1ng617

Reaction score
Absolute Must is a backup before you do anything.

Only after that do I suggest making any type or rom or theme change. However, I do massively suggest Apex's Rom for its UI improvements, performance and stability. Plus that fact that I am more a minimalist this fits well. I am overclocked to 1.2ghz and it's running the smoothest it's ever been with stock Moto Blur.

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
I suggest trying out all the different ROMs till you find one you like. Remember, always make a backup!