Camera...

hommey13

Reaction score
Please please please don't kill me for asking the question...

i'm torn between the x and the incredible (and yes i know that i'm on the incredible boards and most people will be biased) but i'm really looking for some real user knowledge of the cameras on these 2 phones....i know, i shouldn't be buying the phone for the camera, but lets face it...i have over 1200 pics and 500 videos on my phone of my child...

all the "reviews" on the internet talk about the phone pre 2.2...and that doesn't do me any good...can anyone speak to the cameras the picture quality of them?

i played with them simultaneously in the store...and the x seemed very pixelated and rough around the edges...and the incredible seemed to snap the pic quicker...but who knows what the settings were on, since they're the ones in the store...and no i don't know anyone local that has both these phones to play with...

TIA for any advice....

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I own the incredible, but my girlfriend owns the X. She loves her phone but complains all the time about how my phone takes sharper and more vibrant pictures. There's definitely a difference.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Both cameras appear to be pretty good, for phone cameras. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either.

I've looked at a few online comparisons and the the summary seems to be that the Droid X camera has more pleasing and saturated pictures while the Incredible's pictures are sharper. The droid seems to be slightly better at exposure, but this varied quite a bit. The comparisons I saw were not well controlled.

Two things to hold in mind. One, it is easier to fix color after that fact than sharpness/focus. Two, the comparisons I saw all used default settings for the cameras. Playing with the settings or using alternate camera apps would probably change everything. I prefer Vignette to the stock camera app.

I you plan on mostly viewing the pictures on the camera you have to decide what is more important. Screen size or a brighter more colorful display. The Incredible has much higher quality display. The X's screen is much bigger.

I've got the Droid X. I like the camera well enough, but pack a real camera when I serious about getting a decent shot. I expect I'd do this not matter what phone I owned. I do like to play with my photography.

86mcss

Reaction score
IMO the Dinc took a better picture over the DX and D2 and over all just ran smoother to me too.

H3Dude

Reaction score
have not played with the X but my DInc is the fastest phone camera I have used, taking and getting ready to take again.

mauiblue

Reaction score
I'm an amateur digital photographer (Nikon D300) and I feel the Incredible has a great camera. First photo I took with it was a self portrait and the focus was sharp (from arm's length distance) and color and exposure (no flash) was great. I'm very impressed with it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know two people with Inc's off the forums and their cameras take great pictures. Everything I have read says that the Inc camera is better than the ones used in Moto phones.

The catch is that if you take lots of photos and a camera is that important you probably have another camera anyways ;)

The d1 camera is good if nobody is moving. For ten seconds.