Camera?

cyber3d

Reaction score
I just downloaded Pro Zoom Camera 5x, it has zoom and a grain-remover. $2 on the market

Please write up a review of the paid version of Pro Zoom Camera 5x.

I'm most interested in: When you zoom in does the screen show the zoom? or do you have to guess at what the zoom is capturing? And when you take a zoomed pic what is the actual size of the pic MB size and pixel width and height size.

Litrekid

Reaction score
I think the camera is great. Like someone else said though the time it takes to take the pic is what stinks.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
As far as the camera goes, it does okay for what it is. But, you have to remember; Just because it's a 5MP camera doesn't mean it's going to take stellar DSLR type photos. All it means is, that the pictures will have a higher resolution (more pixels) than your standard 1MP or 2MP cell phone camera. Turn your Droid around, and look at that little lens. It is a tiny, fixed focal length lens designed to take quick snapshots of something you might want to upload to Facebook or MySpace. The CMOS sensor for the camera, which does all of the work, mind you, is just good enough to take a decent 5MP snapshot.. There is no aperture, shutter speed, or other settings, that can be set manually. The "scene" selection menu lets you select a "mode" for shooting which is, a pre programmed shutter/aperture setting, and when you click, you get what you get. (If you want a non-blurred action photo of Johnny scoring that goal, a settting of f/4.5, 1/1200 at ISO 200, is beyond the Droid's capabilities. You'll get that photo, but it will most likely be blurry) I like the fact that it does macro, and has adjustable picture quality, from super fine to normal. The zoom, however, is digital, not optical, so all that does is enlarge the pixel size, but washes out any detail. In order for zoom to work well, and look good, it has to be optical.

Overall, it does a good job for what it is. A phone camera. The photos are a bit sharper, the color depth is a bit better,than say, a photo from a flip phone, or something. I have used it when I needed a quick shot of something, and didn't feel like hauling out my camera bag. I've been a photographer for about 15 years, and love it.( Tim Metzger - TimChgo9 Member Profile on EyeFetch.com ) The fact that my Droid will take 5MP snapshots, I think, is a great thing. The photos could be a tad better, but software patches only do so much, the lens is one of the bigger deciding factors as far as photo quality goes...oh yeah, the person taking the photo is the other big deciding factor.........

cb2000a

Reaction score
I just downloaded Pro Zoom Camera 5x, it has zoom and a grain-remover. $2 on the market

Please write up a review of the paid version of Pro Zoom Camera 5x.

I'm most interested in: When you zoom in does the screen show the zoom? or do you have to guess at what the zoom is capturing? And when you take a zoomed pic what is the actual size of the pic MB size and pixel width and height size.

Yes it shows the zoomed image.

ebe3692

Reaction score
agree that you can only expect so much from a cellphone camrera, but my last phone was a sony cybershot phone so I was spoiled by seeing how good cellphone pics can be if the manufacturer really puts some effort into it...

cyber3d

Reaction score
Wow, Pro Zoom Camera 5x is a great little product. Far superior to the default camera. :icon_ banana:
I like the total integration it offers. It would be nice to have a time lapse function though.

But, I can't find the grain remover that was mentioned in an earlier post.

bL33d

Reaction score
I don't care for zoom camera 5x mainly cause I want a camera app to replace stock camera app. But this app was annoying it allways made 2 copies of every picture so then I had to go back and delete the one :(

Last edited: