Camera Zoom FX pics not in Gallery

SallyC

Reaction score
I got Camera Zoom FX for a dime at the Market today and really love it.. But I noticed that it puts a prefix on all the file names of cameraZoom and unless I rename them and remove that, they don't show up in Gallery for me. As soon as I remove that so it just the date and pic number the picture shows. I don't see anywhere in the Settings to remove this prefix.

Anyone else have this?

Zandar

Reaction score
They ought to be in a separate folder than "Camera;" I believe it was "cameraZoom." If you're simply looking in the Camera folder, they won't be there. I got it and have yet to play with it, so I'm not sure if there's something up or if you simply need to look in another area in Gallery.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I went into the Settings and selected Manual for where to save them and pointed it to my external SD card. I looked and they are there, along with my other pictures that are showing.

I've been playing with more since my original post and what's really weird is that:
1) Pictures I take using my stock camera button (not using Camera Zoom FX) show up in Gallery - and they are in the same external SD folder.
2) After I powered off my phone, then turned it back on, the pictures I took using Camera Zoom (but not renaming the files) show up in Gallery.

I'm really stumped about this. Judging by the lack of response, I'd say I'm the only one having this too, which makes it all the more puzzling. I installed QuickPic and it see them all right away, no problem. So what does that mean? Anyone care to guess?

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Another piece of the puzzle which I'm hoping somebody smarter than I can put together.

My camera pictures are stored in my external SD card but Gallery is looking at thumbnails on my internal card. I deleted some pics using QuickPic and Gallery is still showing me thumbs of them. Of course when I click on them there's no full size pic. So it seems that Gallery is not reading or updating what pictures are on my external SD card. Unless I take the picture using RAZR's stock camera app - then it sees them right away.

I don't see any 'refresh' button in Gallery. I did go into Manage Apps and cleared the cache but that didn't help. I thought about selecting Clear data under the Storage heading but it said the applications data would be deleted permanently including all files, accounts, settings, etc and I wasn't sure what all that would do so I left that alone.

I hope some savvy challenge lover has some idea of what's going on here. My phone's not rooted and nothing special installed so I'm not sure why this would be going on. Kinda of a pain though.

Zandar

Reaction score
OK, gave it a shot on mine. The photos show up just fine and automatically in either Camera Roll or My Library. Are you saving them after you take them? If not, when you take a photo be sure to hit the little disk icon; that may be your fix right there.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks, Zandar. Yes I am saving them and they are there if I look using Files or QuickPic picture viewer. It's only with Gallery they aren't showing up. And even then, the problem is only if I take them using Camera Zoom FX. If I take them using the RAZR's stock camera app, they show up in Gallery right away.

Scribble

Reaction score
Anything ever come of this? I'm having the same issue. I'd really like to use CameraZoomFX.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Anything ever come of this? I'm having the same issue. I'd really like to use CameraZoomFX.

I am still having it too. I guess we should just write the developer ([email protected]) and complain. Maybe if they hear from enough people they will address it.

Zandar

Reaction score
Since others seem to be having no issue with the app, maybe you all ought to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if that fixes anything. Barring that, a factory reset would be next on the list (though it's a cumbersome and heavy handed resort).

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
I just emailed them and they emailed me back right away, wondering if it had to do with the naming of the file. The Camera Zoom app prefixes each file name with CameraZOOM and if I rename it, the picture shows up without rebooting. So maybe they can figure out a way to not have it add that. I'll keep you posted on what they say.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Since others seem to be having no issue with the app, maybe you all ought to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if that fixes anything. Barring that, a factory reset would be next on the list (though it's a cumbersome and heavy handed resort).

Great advice - that fixed it!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled. I emailed them back at Camera Zoom too.

Thanks so much Zandar!:icon_ banana:

Zandar

Reaction score
Great advice - that fixed it!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled. I emailed them back at Camera Zoom too.

Thanks so much Zandar!:icon_ banana:
Nice! Gotta love those easy fixes, eh?

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Nice! Gotta love those easy fixes, eh?

Yeah, I really didn't want to do a reset.
I'm still learning those little tricks like clearing data when something doesn't work. I'll definitely remember this one. :)

Irishleo

Reaction score
I LOVE camera zoom!! I just downloaded quickpic and view everything that way. All the folders are right there for you to few. Love the picture quality!

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
I LOVE camera zoom!! I just downloaded quickpic and view everything that way. All the folders are right there for you to few. Love the picture quality!

I love it too! Just took this picture a few minutes ago using it. I don't get people who trash talk the Razr camera. For a point and shoot I think it's great