1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Camera won't save pictures

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by spc_hicks09, Apr 12, 2011.

1. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ok I got a couple problems here. First off is the stock camera app. I can take pics with it, but then when I go into the gallery to look at them, it's just a box with a grey outline..no picture. When I try a camera app like Camera360 or FXCamera, I get errors and force closes when I try to take a picture. Anyone have any suggestions on this. I'm not running a custom ROM, just rooted stock 2.2.2 FRG83G. The apps and the stock camera app worked about 1 week ago.
  2. wogfun

wogfun New Member

I have a D1 running UD 3.0.1 and I'm having the same problem. I can record video files, but when I snap a picture they just don't save. I have about 450 saved pictures on my phone, I don't know if its a memory issue but basically, yeah I can't take any pics on my droid anymore, kinda sucks...
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

have either of you tried reseating the sd card? i had a similar problem a while back and that fixed it for me. might not do the trick but it's worth a shot.
  4. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Yeah I tried that, I got mine fixed though. I'm thinking it has something to do with MIUI. I flashed CM7s nightly build #38 and now everything works fine. Thanks though!

Sent from my CM7 Droid using DroidForums
  5. wogfun

wogfun New Member

Just upgraded to latest version of UltimateDroid and among other fixes, my camera works and saves pictures perfectly now. Just one question tho, does anybody know why UD isn't listed in RomManager anymore? I paid for that app just for UD and now its not there anymore. I just as easily downloaded the new rom from udrom.com but having it right in the RomManager was nice. Is there a back story or some drama behind this?
  6. PoweredbyINdroid

PoweredbyINdroid New Member

I had the same issue two days ago-I could take pictures but then they weren't in the gallery when I opened it up, just empty boxes. I dialed back my overclock from 1Ghz/58vsl to 800/58vsl thinking maybe it wasn't stable and all is well now. Not sure why b/c it was working at the higher speed for well over a week prior to the picture incident.
Search tags for this page

android camera doesn't save pictures

android camera won't save pictures

android doesn't save camera
android stock camera records video but not pictures

camera 360 doesn't save

camera 360 won't save pictures
camera 360 wont save pictures

droid 2 global wont save pictures

droid 4 camera pics wont record
motorola droid 2 save pics from camera
pictures won't take droid 2 global