Camera starts then shuts off

chiv65

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My camera on my droid 2 was working fine all day then all of a sudden i start it up and i hear the shutter open and then the display opens for a second but then it immediately closes and returns to my home screen. I tried restarting and removing battery and that didnt help. Has anyone run into this?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually yes someone posted about it earlier today but they haven't found a fix. I'll keep an eye on both threads and keep you posted. That is if someone else doesn't jump in with a fix.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MrsStevens

Reaction score
Mine started working again after uninstalling Advanced Task Killer, and restarting my phone. At that point I could take pictures, but I wouldn't be able to see it. There was an icon in the gallery and the info showed 0b of data. Uninstalling more apps solved the issue. I'm trying to narrow down which one did the trick, or if it just clicked back on randomly and will stop working again in the near future.

MrsStevens

Reaction score
Sorry to get your hopes up. Having reinstalled my applications (including ATK, just for verification purposes), I have concluded that my camera magically working again is a strange twist of fate. I guess I'll just wait and see if it dies on me again. Wish I could have been more help, Chiv.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Eh no worries. Important thing is its working again. I'll still keep an eye on the other thread to see if they come up with anything concrete. The thing that sucks is I can swear i've come across this issue before I just don't remember the fix.

MrsStevens

Reaction score
I'm sure it will come to you in the middle of the night. That's how these things work.

OP
C

chiv65

Reaction score
So this is strange. I just launched my camera this morning after charging my phone over night and it started working. . . I didn't uninstall anything just launched it and it didn't close on me. Very strange I am going to keep playing with it to see if it happens again but thanks for all the feedback guys,