Camera shotcut alll JACKED UP!!!

NastyNate08

Reaction score
So this happened with 2 applications before but now it is with a specific button!

When I hold my Camera button down (to launch camera) A Compose SMS/E-mail pop up come sup instead! NO CAMERA!!!!

How do I fix this?!?!?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me answer your question with a question. What have you tried to fix it?

Reason I ask is if I put down the most common things to do when something goes wrong if you've already tried it then I've wasted your time.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Well with the previous issue I had....
I just had to open each application individually and refresh the program....

However, with a BUTTON short cut... don't know how to do this

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well with the previous issue I had....
I just had to open each application individually and refresh the program....

However, with a BUTTON short cut... don't know how to do this

I was going to suggest you do a phone reset if you already haven't done one and if that didn't work do a 30 second battery pull. Other then that unless your fingers are slipping over the touch screen I wouldn't know what else to try.

Definitely an issue and if you can't get it fix bring it back and get another phone.

huskur

Reaction score
So this happened with 2 applications before but now it is with a specific button!

When I hold my Camera button down (to launch camera) A Compose SMS/E-mail pop up come sup instead! NO CAMERA!!!!

How do I fix this?!?!?

Nate,

I use handcent and decided i wanted to try chomp. When i installed it it did exactly what you are telling me. I uninstalled it "chomp" and it is fine now. After uninstalling i found a setting in handcent that allows for the camera button to toggle the sms. Chomp is the same way. So don't uninstall handcent or chomp yet. Open them and go to settings and look at the bottom of the list and uncheck the option "toggle camera"

njbobafett

Reaction score

How do I fix this?!?!?

Nate,

I use handcent and decided i wanted to try chomp. When i installed it it did exactly what you are telling me. I uninstalled it "chomp" and it is fine now. After uninstalling i found a setting in handcent that allows for the camera button to toggle the sms. Chomp is the same way. So don't uninstall handcent or chomp yet. Open them and go to settings and look at the bottom of the list and uncheck the option "toggle camera"

Are you sure Chomp has this? I have the same issue, and tried to find the toggle camera option - I must be blind. Can you let me know where in the settings it is - I hate the button not working :(

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score

How do I fix this?!?!?

Nate,

I friggin love you!!!!!!

njbobafett

Reaction score
Nate - did you get Chomp SMS to stop using the camera button? if so, where???? help....

xanthus1132

Reaction score
All you guys have to do when that happens is hit the shortcut, then hit the back button, and it may take you out of the program, so just hit the shortcut again... and then the back button etc until it is where you want it to be. It goes to these "wrong" places when you hit the shortcut because that is where you last left the application. just like most apps on the phone, it will hold your place.

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, the issue is because you've sent an image through MMS, using the camera app. basically, you took a photo, went to the photo, hit share, then MMS, then composed your message and sent it, then hit home.

now everytime you open your camera, it takes you back to the MMS. to get out, you have to hit back, or reboot your phone. but hitting back is the right thing to do.

Rettocs

Reaction score
OP, the issue is because you've sent an image through MMS, using the camera app. basically, you took a photo, went to the photo, hit share, then MMS, then composed your message and sent it, then hit home.

now everytime you open your camera, it takes you back to the MMS. to get out, you have to hit back, or reboot your phone. but hitting back is the right thing to do.

Came in to post this, I don't know anything about CHOMP or things of that nature, but I have had the issue described here. easy fix.

njbobafett

Reaction score
Nate - did you get Chomp SMS to stop using the camera button? if so, where???? help....

In chomp, go to settings and there is a "toggle default phone search button" I guess for the droid it is the camera button!!! Uncheck that, YOUR GOOD

Thank you! for anyone reading - I found it under the heading "QUICK COMPOSE". I am very happy now :)