Camera Shooting Modes Undecipherable

maximillian

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Maxx
The camera shooting modes that are dragged onto the semi-cirlcle on the left side of the screen seem to randomly go from English to boxes in place of words. I do not know how it happens or how it gets back to English. The only way to know if the flash is on or off is by seeing the line through the flash icon.

OP
M

maximillian

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Maxx
Sorry, I did a search for Droid Maxx forums and thought this was exclusive. I should have paid more attention.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's all good. You posted in the Tech Support forum, but that's OK. Have you downloaded any camera apps to replace the stock app? Or downloaded any new apps around the time this started? Things like that are caused by other apps, many times.

OP
M

maximillian

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Maxx
The boxes were there on Sunday then were gone yesterday morning. Called Motorola yesterday and they had never heard of the problem. She suggested that I turn off the phone and reboot it within 7-10 seconds. I seldom turn off my phone. It is still working.

OP
M

maximillian

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Maxx
Not sure how to "restore the device".

As of now, the issue has not returned.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think by Restore, she meant a Factory Data Reset (FDR). Doesn't sound like you need to go that far right now. Hope it continues to work correctly.