Camera ramdonly taking pictures

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by poker_vol, Dec 12, 2010.

1. poker_vol

poker_vol New Member

I am runing BBV5, but had the same problem when I was running BBV4. My Droid 1 will randomly open the camera app and take a picture roughly every 4 seconds. It doesn't matter if it is laying on a table, in the charging cradle, in my pocket etc. I don't know if is a hardware issue, being caused by another app or what. Anyone else having this issue as it is extremely annoying and filling up memory with random pictures. I don't want to do a factory reset because of having it rooted and customized with apps. Thanks for any help.

Andy
  2. C3-PO

C3-PO Member

I know there are some security programs that will, among other things, allow you to remotely take pictures in case your phone is ever stolen.
  3. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

Well to start out I would make a backup of your phone and do a factory reset and wipe everything. That way you will know if it is a software thing or a hardware thing. Then you can restore your backup.

It is hard to tell, if it is a set interval I would guess software, if not I would say hardware. Like the camera button is faulty and it is getting false presses, launching the app and then taking a picture.
Search tags for this page
camera randomly takes pictures droid
camera takes pictures randomly droid x

droid x automatically takes pictures

droid x takes pictures on by itself
droid x taking random pictures
galaxy s3 camera taking randon picturs
motorola droid ramdomly takes multiple pictures

my phone is randomly taking pictures of what i do

phone camera randomly taking photos

phone takes random pictures