Camera question

dannymarz

Reaction score
Im not a big fan of the stock camera on the d2. I downloaded one and like it a lot, but is there a way to get the new camera app to open when I press the camera button on the side of the droid. This would be awesome!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

xmguy

Reaction score
Don't know if you can assign the hw key. But you can put a icon on the home screen.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid 2

OP
D

dannymarz

Reaction score
Don't know if you can assign the hw key. But you can put a icon on the home screen.

Yea, I know. I just thought it would be nice to have it start up with that button.

xmguy

Reaction score

Yea, I know. I just thought it would be nice to have it start up with that button.

Most apps I've seen offer an option to take over the default camera settings. Like HW key and all.

OP
D

dannymarz

Reaction score

Most apps I've seen offer an option to take over the default camera settings. Like HW key and all.

Yea, "use as default camera" is checked, but when I press the HW key it goes to my stock camera. Hmmm? Do I have to uninstall the stock cam?

xmguy

Reaction score

Yea, "use as default camera" is checked, but when I press the HW key it goes to my stock camera. Hmmm? Do I have to uninstall the stock cam?

You can't and even if you could I wouldn't. Try unchecking the Use As Default Camera exiting the app and rechecking the option see if the HW button works. I use Camera ZOOM FX it works with the HW button.

OP
D

dannymarz

Reaction score
I got zoom fx but still can't get it took work with hw button.