Camera Question

themuttt

Reaction score
my New Every 2 just came up and was thinking of getting the X and give my Droid 1 to the wife. One thing I have disliked about the D1 is how poor the camera seems to be (yet video looks surprisingly good for how poor the stills are) and since my phone is kind of the defacto camera for snapshots, I'd like for it to be a bit better. So my question is, is the camera on the X any better than the D1? Yes I know, it is a phone and am not trying to compare it to a stand alone camera, but for as absolutely horrible my old Omnia was, it did OK when taking pics

Reaction score
Do a forum search here and read the replies. People have recommended various programs or tweaks to the camera settings which are too numerous to type out again and again.

The answers are on this forum, you just need to take a look around to find them.

Also, I agree with the poor quality of the camera. Especially on the overly pixelated zoom.

OP
themuttt

themuttt

Reaction score
I did search but saw nothing comparing the X to the Droid 1 as far as picture quality

OP
themuttt

themuttt

Reaction score
So you searched and managed to completely miss this thread?

People in that thread compare the pictures from various cameras to the pictures taken with the Droid X.

You're welcome, I don't mind searching for anyone who won't do it themselves.
since I wasn't looking at the Droid 2 but the X, I ignored it since I was looking for Droid 1 and X comparisons

reading through now :)

edit: and it still didn't answer my question of how does the X compare to the D1 in pic quality

Reaction score
That was just an example. There are more Droid X specific threads here as well. Just do advanced search and tweak your query... you will find it.

Please do not mistake me for being angry or mean this morning. It's just that the camera sucks and there have been LOTS of threads made here and over at droidxforums about it.

FYI, nothing has made much of a difference for me. Maybe your experience will be better.

Good luck! :)

kpiskin

Reaction score
I have seen some people complain about the DX camera, but to me it was like night and day compared to the D1 camera. I think the D1 took acceptable photos, but the DX takes much better photos. However I do not use the highest mp setting, I use the default HD setting which I believe is about 6mp. If you take a lot of daylight photos, you will be pretty happy. Where all these cameras fail is in low light settings since the sensor is so small. That causes the iso to go as high as possible and introduce a lot of noise. If you need higher quality, you will need a stand alone camera. I think the HD viseo is pretty good too, but won't look all that hot on your TV.

Reaction score
I have seen some people complain about the DX camera, but to me it was like night and day compared to the D1 camera. I think the D1 took acceptable photos, but the DX takes much better photos. However I do not use the highest mp setting, I use the default HD setting which I believe is about 6mp. If you take a lot of daylight photos, you will be pretty happy. Where all these cameras fail is in low light settings since the sensor is so small. That causes the iso to go as high as possible and introduce a lot of noise. If you need higher quality, you will need a stand alone camera. I think the HD viseo is pretty good too, but won't look all that hot on your TV.

Yeah, the video has been decent. The 720p has looked good on my television as well as on my monitor. Hell, I videotaped (with the camera) a commercial on TV and played it back on the TV and the only difference you could notice is the not exact audio quality.

I was impressed with the video.

OP
themuttt

themuttt

Reaction score

so no cinema quality screenings of home movies from the DX to my 87 inch screen? dancedroid