Camera quality

cymblue

Reaction score
I've Bern enjoying my Rezound but have been disappointed with the camera. I've seen other people post sample pics, so I know it can take nice shots, but it is just not happening for me. I feel like I have tried the different modes, and while some pics look nice, if I zoom in they are not very crisp. Anyone have any suggestions for getting better quality shots?

Some examples attached.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
Well the pics look good on my og's screen but that probably doesn't mean much.

In a side note, that pic of the drinks looks fantastic and makes me thirsty.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
with #1 your shutter speed is to slow. all of the rent the ISO is push a good amount. #3 and 4 i dont understand why the iso was set so high. im sure iso100-200 would have done the job. this camera is only going to look good at ISO100-200(maybe) thats how most point and shoots are going to be, unless you get one with a 1/1.7 sensor or larger. try taking some outdoor shots with the sun out and see what you think. donty expect any more out of this camera vs you would with any other phones camera. its high iso (400 and higher) is going to suck. but at iso100 its pics are very sharp and detailed and look quite nice. this phone camera should not be considered to replace a real camera.

also, dont use the zoom. its digital, not optical. so basically when your zoomed all the way in, you shooting with a 3MP camera....if that. im sure it would be fine to use it for video....just not for pics.

BTW, #2 is a nice shot. Im sure it would make a nice 4x6. just lower the exposure by 1/8-1/15th of a stop. the whites are a little blown on the bib. use fill light to bring the dog back out after lowering.

Last edited:

mikeinctown

Reaction score
The other ting I have noticed is that the camera auto focuses on a single little box when you aim it. This means it is focusing on an item of a specific depth. When other things are closer or further, they will not be quite as sharp or crisp. This is the case with any camera. Some are just a little better than others. I have had nothing but nice things to say about the camera, coming from an OG.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
The other ting I have noticed is that the camera auto focuses on a single little box when you aim it. This means it is focusing on an item of a specific depth. When other things are closer or further, they will not be quite as sharp or crisp. This is the case with any camera. Some are just a little better than others. I have had nothing but nice things to say about the camera, coming from an OG.

That's just the depth of field of the lens.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've also noticed that the auto enhancer with low light actually saturated colors and over exposes whites... Disabling that feature in low to medium light situations seems to help quite a bit. Also, lowering your exposure and saturation both one at a time by minus 1 at a time will help you with your flesh tones... I would start with the exposure first ONLY comparing to your naked eye... Never to another camera, especially a phone.

I've found the screen on my Rezound to be fairly accurate if a bit dark but nothing too bad at all. Not that I can say the same about any AMOLED screen (though gorgeous still in all their over saturated beauty)...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums