1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

camera problems

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by baldybill, Jul 11, 2011.

1. baldybill

baldybill Member

I believe this has happened ever since I went to the Gingerbread Rom. Right now I'm running SS 5.4.

It takes me a couple pushes on the camera button to snap the photo. Then some of the pics don't save. Finally, every once in a blue moon, the phone will freeze up (needing a reset) after taking a pic.

I can live with the first issue, but the rest are a problem. Any thoughts?
  2. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Idk.. My camera has been a bit out of whack too on some of these roms. Like ill take a few pics an the camera might force close on me and then it tells me it can't connect back and I gotta restart my phone to use it again..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Problems with the camera seem to be common. I'm sorry I couldn't help but I'm just putting in my thoughts..its happening to a good handfull of users I think

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. SStratman

SStratman New Member

I would just like to point out/suggest from some past experience...
    So basically for my droid and i realize they all are a bit different in terms of kernels they like...but in past SS roms and most for that matter just because you find a kernel that SEEMS stable doesnt mean it is.
    Basically for me the best test I always did was with taking a video...as that will usually trigger that FC of the app rather quickly or freeze up the whole phone so I would suggest trying that with the different kernels and likely it may be a voltage issue as it was for me.
    Specifically I always used 1Ghz ULV kernel and was stable to everything EXCEPT video and when i went to 1GHz LV all was stable! so get to testing! (although I know it can definitely consume some time trying each)
  5. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Not sure if this will help or not but I use Camera360 (free version), instead of the stock camera app and have never noticed an issue with taking pics or videos.
Search tags for this page
camera problems on motorola droid 4

droid 4 camera problems

motorola droid 4 camera problems
why do some roms freeze with camera