Camera problem

v941726

Reaction score
Maybe it's me not looking in the right place, but I'm yet to see an AOSP ROM for the Incredible that allows 720p video recording.

That FroYo allows for it isn't in question, but I know of no AOSP ROMs that have it.

The kernel has to support it too. Last few ROMs i had supported it. Maybe by way of kernel. I have yet to find another kernel that works with this rom and the dinc

Did not know that - thanks for the word!
Fwiw, I can highly recommend the #16 kernel found here: [KERNEL][AOSP] 2.6.32.26-invisiblek #17 - xda-developers

Best all-around AOSP kernel I've ever used, bar none.
No 720p video, but insane battery life, snappy, high Q's if that's your thing.
An all-around epic kernel for AOSP ROMs on the Incredilbe.

thanks. i'll try it. been looking for a while. is it o'cable?

what about #17?

Last edited:

smtom

Reaction score
The kernel has to support it too. Last few ROMs i had supported it. Maybe by way of kernel. I have yet to find another kernel that works with this rom and the dinc

Fwiw, I can highly recommend the #16 kernel found here: [KERNEL][AOSP] 2.6.32.26-invisiblek #17 - xda-developers

what about #17?

It is overclockable, all the way up to 1190.
I'm getting mid 1300's in Quadrant @ stock speed.
XDA thread says #17 helps out on charging.
I've not tried #17, as for me, #16 is the shizzle....

v941726

Reaction score

what about #17?

It is overclockable, all the way up to 1190.
I'm getting mid 1300's in Quadrant @ stock speed.
XDA thread says #17 helps out on charging.
I've not tried #17, as for me, #16 is the shizzle....

thanks man. if they could just add 720p. :)

v941726

Reaction score
#17 is awesome! 1.19 was unstable. So running at 1.152 with smartass. Battery has been the best ever, and no more browser hangs and other quirky stuff. Makes me wonder how many problems are from the kernels people are using. The link you gave me even mentions that it's compatible with UD. Thanks again again smtom!

smtom

Reaction score
#17 is awesome! 1.19 was unstable. So running at 1.152 with smartass. Battery has been the best ever, and no more browser hangs and other quirky stuff. Makes me wonder how many problems are from the kernels people are using. The link you gave me even mentions that it's compatible with UD. Thanks again again smtom!

You are most welcome!
I've been blown away with the difference in those kernels, so I'm glad others are enjoying the benefits as well.
Spread the word to other DInc users!

Kind regards.

v941726

Reaction score

You are most welcome!
I've been blown away with the difference in those kernels, so I'm glad others are enjoying the benefits as well.
Spread the word to other DInc users!

Kind regards.

Lol. I just did by way of new thread. I have #18 now. All I can say is WOW! They may be adding 720p soon too. Quad speeds between 1500 and 1600+, linpack at 39 and still great battery life.
Finally!
If you turn off the screen and go to bed, you only use about 1% of battery. Cool!

Last edited: