Camera problem

v941726

Reaction score
maybe fix permissions will fix some of these. just a thought

dblhelix

Reaction score
Not sure if this is similar to what you are seeing, but on 2.3 (haven't tried 2.4 yet), my camera would not focus and would keep turning the flash on and off.

I changed the focus mode from "continuous" (which was the default) to "auto". Try that, it fixed my problem.

v941726

Reaction score
And that's with the camcorder or just the regular camera ??????

Both. But I have the dinc

UD camcorder (AOSP in general) does not allow for 720p video recording.

Zoom works just fine on the camera and camcorder on my DInc.

Since when doesn't android froyo itself not support 720p?
I have a feeling one of these days I may just go back to stock sense from htc

Last edited:

smtom

Reaction score
Maybe it's me not looking in the right place, but I'm yet to see an AOSP ROM for the Incredible that allows 720p video recording.

That FroYo allows for it isn't in question, but I know of no AOSP ROMs that have it.

Last edited:

v941726

Reaction score
Maybe it's me not looking in the right place, but I'm yet to see an AOSP ROM for the Incredible that allows 720p video recording.

That FroYo allows for it isn't in question, but I know of no AOSP ROMs that have it.

The kernel has to support it too. Last few ROMs i had supported it. Maybe by way of kernel. I have yet to find another kernel that works with this rom and the dinc

smtom

Reaction score

The kernel has to support it too. Last few ROMs i had supported it. Maybe by way of kernel. I have yet to find another kernel that works with this rom and the dinc

Did not know that - thanks for the word!
Fwiw, I can highly recommend the #16 kernel found here: [KERNEL][AOSP] 2.6.32.26-invisiblek #17 - xda-developers

Best all-around AOSP kernel I've ever used, bar none.
No 720p video, but insane battery life, snappy, high Q's if that's your thing.
An all-around epic kernel for AOSP ROMs on the Incredilbe.