Camera Pictures not showing up in Gallery

kscant

Reaction score
I am taking pictures with my camera and when I go into the Gallery they are not there. Yet, when I open up camera the pic is there in the right hand corner. I can select it and see it, save it...still not seeing it gallery
thanks

whiddles

Reaction score
Yeah i am having the same problem i wish someone could chime in on this

jacobrv

Reaction score
Open up a file manager, like ASTRO, and go to your DCIM folder. Make sure there is no file called nomedia or something like that. Then also check inside the camera folder. I doubt this is the problem, but the nomedia file prevents the gallery from looking in that folder and all sub-folders.

whiddles

Reaction score
i have nomedia files anywhere. thanks for the info/try

jasonb

Reaction score
this might not be the right answer. but i notice when i put pictures or music on my phone they sometimes don't show up right away. after a reboot they would show up.

there is an app called SDrescan that will quickly scan your SD card and make music and pictures show up. it's much quicker than doing a reboot.

cisco0910

Reaction score
Don't ask me why but it'll show up eventually. Just takes a while. Must be a bug, but does me too. Sometimes takes quickerlike immediately or 5 mins or even 10 mins. But always do end up there eventually

droider4life

Reaction score
My phone pulled this the other day.. I checked in astro and they were all still there but not showing up in the gallery. So I tried a reboot three times without luck. So then I did a battery pull and also pulled the SD card and let it sit for like. 30 seconds. Then put SD card back in and fired it up and its been working great since.. hope this helps....

nerdbox08

Reaction score
sometimes files won't read right away as someone already said. Anything you can do to force a rescan of the sdcard should make them show correctly, like a reboot.

spidr62

Reaction score
Pictures not moving over to gallery

I think I figured this out. If you turn your GPS on while looking at the pictures on the camera they update and go to the gallery. It seems to want to label where they were taken. I had a few that sat in the camera for days and when I turned on the GPS and looked at them they moved out. I wish they would just drop over, but this is the only thing that I found to force them over.
Hope this helps some of you out.