Camera/Picture Issues? Distorted images.

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
Hmmm, I would suggest deleting the camera app and the gallery app and then reinstall them both, but seeing that you said the whole thing is acting up lately, if back up my sd card and any apps on your phone, then I'd do a complete format of the sd card, a factory reset of the phone, and start over from scratch. I'm no expert, but if that were happening to me, that's what I'd do.

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
I guess I will try that... I've been searching..(with no avail) id like to just unroot go back to stock and test it from there.. may just replace it.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
Unrooting wouldn't be a bad idea either, but I don't know if that will isolate the issue? Won't that just put a new camera app on the phone?

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
Idk what it would do honestly.. worst case scenario there is that problem IS NOT resolved and i replace the phone..

i know there are some "easy" ways to get back to non rooted phone.. BUT seems like anyone i try to use involves downloading a file from a link that is broken..

can anyone help me there??

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
Idk what it would do honestly.. worst case scenario there is that problem IS NOT resolved and i replace the phone..

i know there are some "easy" ways to get back to non rooted phone.. BUT seems like anyone i try to use involves downloading a file from a link that is broken..

can anyone help me there??

I use THIS thread to unroot/unbrick my phone. It'll get you back to 2.0.1 stock, but the OTA will download and get you back up to 2.2. It'll require you to reactivate your phone, but it does a good job and I've never had any problems with broken links.

**EDIT***

I should also mention that you'll have to use RSD Lite to flash the SBK file to your phone, but all the instructions are on there, so I don't even know why I'm adding this edit to it! lol, just a little brain fried right now, I guess.

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
thanks i will try that..

by broken links.. i didn't mean just on this site.. just in general..

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
Np, here to help when I can. Nowhere near an expert, but I've learned a thing or two from just screwing around. lol

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
tried the format.. still the same problem with the images.. I'm also just noticing in general i'm getting a TON of FC errors doing just different things.. gonna go stock.. try to replace the phone asap... see what happens...

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is, but your camera takes WAY better pictures than any I've seen -_- Mine got a little nick in the corner but it still works just fuzzy

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is, but your camera takes WAY better pictures than any I've seen -_- Mine got a little nick in the corner but it still works just fuzzy

yeah.. i have actually noticed that WHEN they come out properly they look pretty good (better than most others i've seen from the droids.. ) BUT sooo many times they are all distorted.. it's like 1/3 pictures is messed up..

otter34

Reaction score

yeah.. i have actually noticed that WHEN they come out properly they look pretty good (better than most others i've seen from the droids.. ) BUT sooo many times they are all distorted.. it's like 1/3 pictures is messed up..

I have the same problem. Check this thread and let me know if the "framing" is red or green when you take the pics. Apparently it's a common problem, but I don't have any luck searching the forums for discussions on it....yet:

http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/161354-blurry-camera-d1-w-lithium-bb-0-4-a.html

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
After going back to stock froyo/unrooted I seem to not be having this issue... and the framing was not red most the time the auto focus worked just fine. Idk.. I may just try to warranty it still just to be safe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

otter34

Reaction score
After going back to stock froyo/unrooted I seem to not be having this issue... and the framing was not red most the time the auto focus worked just fine. Idk.. I may just try to warranty it still just to be safe.

It wasn't red while you were rooted or it wasn't red after unrooting?

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score

It wasn't red while you were rooted or it wasn't red after unrooting?

BOTH.. while rooted the autofocus worked fine.. NO red lines YET the images would be all messed up.

unrooted.. STILL NO RED CORNERS and the images seem to be flawless.. NOW, it could have been the rom i was running.. idk.. i was using lithium-mod/watermark'd.. or it could have been root screwing something up.. but i got rid of both and my phone is operating a bit better (by better i mean more stable.. it's obviously not as fast and what not.)

sharkchompsal

Reaction score
Ditto

Ah... finally I found someone else that is having this problem too. Just got my phone less than 2 weeks ago... looks like I'll just have to replace it :icon_evil: