Camera over exposure

Pjkiernan

Reaction score
What settings should I have my camera on. 90 percent of the pictures I take get over exposed.
I tried to fool around with the settings myself but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong.

Stock camera app on my droid x

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola cameras are just like that. They're either too light or dark. You can use different camera apps to alleviate the washed out effects. I use Camera360 Pro.

OP
P

Pjkiernan

Reaction score
And it works well for you?

OP
P

Pjkiernan

Reaction score
Will give it a try, thank you

kevinkar

Reaction score
You can try changing the ISO value in the camera settings to something lower than what it might be set to. 100 is appropriate for outdoor, 200-400 or so is typical for indoor with flash, and above that for low light conditions where even the flash is too dim.

You have to experiment to know how to use the camera and set it appropriately but that's the nature of cameras.

If all your pictures are overexposed, it implies your ISO value is set too high. See if that's the case and lower it.

Zecpull

Reaction score
My first Droid x took great pictures. then the camera button fell off so they gave me a replacement.. and it has taken all over Exposed pics. I have lowered the Iso to 100.. still washed out. I have reset the White balance.. It is just a bad camera I think I will try that other app.. But Now I am using my Droidx2 and it has a much better camera.,

OP
P

Pjkiernan

Reaction score
I have played with the iso and it helps a bit but not great.

Wonder if its a bad camera.

Any thoughts.