Camera on Droid Razr no longer works after ICS upgrade.

ganooch

Reaction score
My wife has the Droid Razr. She recently upgraded to ICS. The problem is that the camera does not work anymore. When you press the icon nothing happens. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? software? I really dont want to have to resort to a factory reset but will if necessary. Help! please.

Raikkonen

Reaction score
ganooch said:
My wife has the Droid Razr. She recently upgraded to ICS. The problem is that the camera does not work anymore. When you press the icon nothing happens. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? software? I really dont want to have to resort to a factory reset but will if necessary. Help! please.

Might be a bad install of ICS. I had problems with the softkeys not working on my first try, but I'd wait for a more knowledgeable member to diagnose the problem.

oldbaldy72

Reaction score
Same problem here I believe. I haven't taken a pic since I downloaded ics a couple of weeks ago. I tried to take pic tonite and camera app closes evrytime I try to open it. I cleared data and still nothing, (anything but going to our packed verizn store..........PLEASE HELP)

Raikkonen

Reaction score
oldbaldy72 said:
Same problem here I believe. I haven't taken a pic since I downloaded ics a couple of weeks ago. I tried to take pic tonite and camera app closes evrytime I try to open it. I cleared data and still nothing, (anything but going to our packed verizn store..........PLEASE HELP)

Reflash the .211 update using MotoRecovery maybe? If you don't know what that means I'll be glad to explain further.

Raikkonen

Reaction score
oldbaldy72 said:
Yes, Please explain. New to the DROID..

Ok you'll need to download the .211 leak file with a .zip extension. That cab be found on this forum or on Google. Place it in the root of your SD card. Not the phone's internal memory! Make sure everything is backed up. Then shut off the phone. Hold both volume rockers and the power button until a black screen with white words appears. Then go to recovery mode, clear cache and do a factory reset. Select apply update from SD, pick the update file you put on the card. And let it install. If you get any error messages while it is installing, don't turn on the phone. Just reinstall from the menu you're at.

Not really sure if this will help, so i'd wait until someone else verifies that my method works.