Camera not working

cloudman7

Reaction score
No camera after update anybody else?

Sent from my bolt using DroidForums

lilnbrown88

Reaction score
Received a refurbished bionic, the camera and video app both lock up and force close before even opening. Tried a different app and still the same issue. I am rooted on .893 any help?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lilnbrown88

Reaction score
It did it before I even rooted..I was hoping root would help but It didn't...thinking flashing a rom maybe before I unroot and return it for a new one

rjl

Reaction score
It did it before I even rooted..I was hoping root would help but It didn't...thinking flashing a rom maybe before I unroot and return it for a new one

How long ago did you get it - maybe you got mine. Returned for that exact reason - either a crash, or "camera is unable to initialize". I wonder if I have the serial # laying around...

FYI, if it's the same issue that I had - and heck, the same phone - then yes - 901, root, factory resets, total recovery flash - won't help you. I tried everything before returning it.

edit: If your serial number ends in either 0363 or 5029 - not sure which was the one with the bad camera, as my first replacement had power & screen issues - I'm going to die laughing. Not at your predicament, but @ Verizon's "Certified Like New" scam.

Last edited:

lilnbrown88

Reaction score
Ill check soon as I'm home from work yeah that would be pretty hilarious but bogus at the same time

lilnbrown88

Reaction score
Nope its neither of those but same issue I don't understand. Looks like it's unroot and to the store I go