Camera & MP3 playback problems... HELP!!!

paulzdroidx

Reaction score
My default droid camera only works for a few shots per every reboot. Then, it simply flashes a black screen and goes back to the homepage whenever i try to open the camera application. The only solution is to power cycle my phone, which is all tech support has me do. but it just keeps happening. After 2 or three uses (by uses, i mean i open the camera application, take as many pictures i want, then close the app) it just won't open. it doesn't freeze or force ask me to force close, it just simply doesn't open. Dead button. This is pretty F**KIN aggravating when i want to take a picture of something going on at that moment. the world doesn't pause and wait for me to reboot my phone every time i want a picture. I have a retro camera app, but i want the default camera to just WORK! is that so much to ask? I won't accept getting another camera app from the market because products should work the way they are supposed to. Also, every once in a while, the picture i just took and reviewed just disappears! i take it, look at it, looks fine... goes in the folder, then POOF! its gone forever. WHY?

MP3 Playback... Totally unreliable. I am walking or driving along, jammin out, then OH! whats this? the music stops, the phone freezes completely and the only thing i can do is physically take my case off, take the battery cover off, take the battery out, wait a second or two, put the battery back in, reboot the phone, put the case on, wait for the SD card to initialize or whatever, go back to my playlist, find the song, and start playing it again. Then i might get to play 5 more songs before it does it again.

Between these two problems, I really have to resist the urge to hurl my phone at the nearest concrete surface, stomp on it, back over it with my truck, light it on fire and piss on it. It would feel so good, but then i would be out of a phone, and i'm pretty sure my insurance doesn't cover that kind of damage.

all tech support has me do is power cycle the phone, then dial *228 or whatever, and power cycle again. this doesn't do jack schitt. Their only other solution is to "send it in and we'll take a look at it" NO! its my only phone and i don't want to go a week or two with no contact, and then get some charges or something for repairs. it should just FKKING WORK CORRECTLY! i paid 300 bucks for the damn thing!

WHAT CAN I DO????? Does anyone else have these problems? I haven't found them in the forums yet.
Droid X would be soooooo awesome if it worked correctly. But as it is now, i hate it. Glitchy garbage.

OP
P

paulzdroidx

Reaction score
Take it back to vzw. Get a replacement.

"what evrrrrr"

Yeah i have considered that, and i guess i will have to do it. I'm worried the apps i have paid for will be gone. i can back up my pictures and stuff, but can i back up my applications?

eodlrd

Reaction score
Your apps will be available for download without paying for them again. It is tied to your account, not your cell phone serial, esn.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
P

paulzdroidx

Reaction score
Your apps will be available for download without paying for them again. It is tied to your account, not your cell phone serial, esn.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Awesome thank you!!!