Camera mount so I can use as dash cam or on a small tripod?

Coupe

Reaction score
I want to record some video in my car, I would like to mount the phone securely to the glas. I see some suction cup mounts that would work but do not seem to come apart.
I would rather have a mount that lets me use existing camera tripods and mounts. Since my sister is a photog I can just use her equipment when needed,hence the question.

Do they make a mount for this phone ( or even a good universal) that has a threaded bung so I can use it with camera equipment?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Nevermind, it looks like a squeeze type holder will work fine and is cheap, and it has a tripod screw base. I just hope it works with my extended battery.

Last edited:

shanelive13

Reaction score
EDIT:

Nevermind, it looks like a squeeze type holder will work fine and is cheap, and it has a tripod screw base. I just hope it works with my extended battery.

Squeeze type holder? Tell me more please.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Squeeze type holder? Tell me more please.

Universal phone mount. They squeeze in on the sides to fit your phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Coupe

Coupe

Reaction score
I went with this type, I am still waiting on USPS to get it here.

Tripod Stand Holder for Camera Mobile Phone Cellphone | eBay

1030100560.jpg

Then I ordered a suction mount for $5.

NEW Mini Suction Mount Tripod Holder for Car Window Camera Hold Black | eBay

I cant get this forum to hot link to those pics but you get the idea.

The I splurged another $5 for one of those octopus tripods, also an ebay item.
4.jpg

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Already had the little tripod thingy (still haven't used it yet LOL) but just ordered that window mount for my camera (not the smart phone). But I won't be able to use it on the windshield. It won't place the camera far enough away from the windshield to fit. BUT, it might hang upside down from the sunroof window. Worth a try.

OP
Coupe

Coupe

Reaction score
Well, the squeze clamp is crap, it broke when I put the phone in it this evening. It seems the spring just pulls out and it forgoes all desire to squeze the phone.

Seriously, I NEED a better mount. Someone has to make a $45-$50 mount that will hold a $500 phone securley? Whats the point of a HD video camera if you cant use it on a mount!