1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Camera lens shuttering sound?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Art Vandelay, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

I've noticed that when I reboot my phone and it comes back on to homescreen, I hear the camera shuttering sound ( the sound you hear when you start the camera app, not the sound when you take a pic). Its not running in running services so um confused why I hear this. Anyone else notice this? I'm running Ss5.4 with honeygingercomb theme and kernal doesn't seem to make a difference as it does it with all of Chevy's that I've tried.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

+1 I've noticed the same thing but since the camera isn't running I just wrote it off. But id like to see the answer or find a solution.

P.S. I'm running the same setup.

3. listenman20

listenman20 New Member

is it possible you have screen lock sounds turned on. check settings/sound scroll down to screen lock sounds.
  4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Checked and I do not, but its not a sound coming from the speaker. Its the sound of the cameras auto focus.

5. moset

moset Member

Do you have the latest google talk? 2.3.4 supports video chat in talk. That does it on mine. Don't have that version now. Look at talk, see if you have video/voice chat.
    I think I read that theme has updated g talk.
  6. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

I think you are right. I do have the new g talk with video/voice. When I open the app, it makes the same camera noise. Does this mean the app blanches on startup? I guess it gets killed right away, b/ it doesn't show up in running services.

7. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

Ok, I took what moset said and figured out how to get rid of it. Since I don't use google talk, I used root explorer to rename google talk to talk.apk.bak to keep it from running. I rebooted my phone and the sound was not there.