Camera issues,

Acserf

Reaction score
Long time lurker first time poster. Just wanted to say that I love the site.

So I'm having camera issues. I have searched the forums but with no luck. I people who have problems related to mine but their solutions didn't seem to work.

I do not have a nandroid from before my camera stopped working...woops!

Let me start off by saying that I am running
Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel 2.6.329-g23d7ba5
I'm not quite sure if I have the right "OTA update" but that's mainly because I'm not exactly sure what it all means! I'm sorry for being ignorant. :-/ If that's it, how do I update? I went to "System updates" but it said that I was completely up to date.

Anyway, assuming that wasn't the problem.. Excuse me as I ramble on about the issue. Maybe some of it matters. I first rooted my phone, which had a working gallery and cam with Z4. I soon put Gummy on it. Both my cam and gallery stopped working but I didn't care to much. After that I switched to Apex and I ran into the same situation. Now I'm on Liberty. WOW! I love this rom and everything about it. I'm just getting nickpicky now, aiming for the perfect phone for me. dancedroid I decided it was time to fix my cam. I knew I had 3D gallery and a different camera. I soon installed the 2D gallery and the blur camera from the Liberty Toolbox. No help. I then tried bootstrapping a copy of the original blur gallery in. It was successful but I was still having my problem. Keep in mind, through every rom switch, I would do a factory wipe and a cache wipe.

So the issue is that whenever I try to take a picture, the camera would shutter and claim its "saving picture." I would go back and notice that the photo never saved and that all of my thumbnails in my gallery turned gray. Just for the sake of exhausting all other resources before asking for help, I copy all of the picture on my phone to my comp and deleted them off of my SD card. I checked the gallery. They were indeed gone. Thumbnail and all. I then attempted to take another photo. Weird enough, thumbnails for pictures I had deleted started appearing in place of the new picture! And when I went to tap on the photo, I would just get a black loading screen and soon a "unable to load" text.

I noticed sometimes I would get a choice to "share" the photos I had just taken so I decided to send one to a cellphone laying around. It came up as a corrupt mms.

Each time I attempted to record anything with the camcorder, it would instantly FC.

I know I had a lot to say. Sorry I don't know what is important and whats not. I tried to give as much detail so that if anyone else is having this problem, they could compare their situation with mine.

Thanks guys!

OP
A

Acserf

Reaction score
Forgot to mention (i know what you're thinking. There's more? o_O)

In an attempt to fix it, I took the advice of Shelooga and "fix permissions" then I set "fix permissions" and "zip align apks." I also checked to make sure that camera.apk was in my system files.

homeeey

Reaction score
Do you use Pandora.

If you use Pandora, Reboot your phone, try the camcorder. If it works, start up Pandora, close Pandora, try camcorder.

I believe this was solved with a Pandora update, or the .15 to .340 update, can't remember which. But it started again when I loaded Liberty. I flashed back to my rooted-stock-OTA-.340 before I installed Liberty, but who knows maybe I screwed something up. I'll let you know.

OP
A

Acserf

Reaction score
Well. I'm not running Pandora, but that was thinking outside the box! I am about to completely flash everything back to stock (thanks to maderstcok340) (i later found out my OTA is 340) Afterwords, I'll install liberty and try again. Wish me luck!

OP
A

Acserf

Reaction score
Its working now! Fantastic! Just had to put my phone back to stock then reroot then reinstall the rom. Already had it download on SD so it all went quite fast. Thank you! Hope this solves other people's problems too. Seems a bit like a "cure all" in my mind.