Camera issues with RevNumbers CM7 nightlies?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody else having camera troubles? You can launch the camera app once and it works fine, but after closing it, you cannot reopen it unless you reboot? When you try, it gives you an error saying it cannot connect to the camera?

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trying to delete cache and stuff but I think this is a bug, and if so, it is a deal-breaker kind of bug. I love that they make these ROM's and stuff, and they can do some amazing things, but to drop the ball on such critical things makes it hard to justify using these ROM's. I cannot reboot my phone every time I want to take a picture. sigh...

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is a problem with the 11/01 update, something is broken where you can launch the camera app and it works fine. When you close it, you cannot reopen it or else it either FC's, or it says it cannot connect. ROlling back to the 09/26 release works fine.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the devs are aware of it in case any of you are experiencing it. That and the battery life issue. My battery is draining fast, even with the screen off, and the battery monitor says that the "Android Keyboard" has used up 72% of my battery usage. Really weird.

But I guess that this is the downside of ROMs. Yeah, they can be faster and less bloated, but in the end you spend a lot of time fixing them and all that, and a lot of things don't work properly and it seems to be a constantly ongoing process. In the end, I wonder if there is a real benefit. It's nice to have a faster phone, but if the flip-side is that I have to spend 45 minutes troubleshooting why my camera stopped working, and my battery life is suddenly half of what it was last week, any performance benefits might not be worth what you give up...

Hopefully they can sort this stuff out.

clueless77

Reaction score
yeah i tried flashing the newest nightly twice to no avail and am also back on 9-26

i think i have flashed every gb rom that i have seen and always come back to cm7, i even flashed the ice cream sandwich rom that just came out last night but came back

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There is a fix for it but its still in review. There is the same problem on the OG Droid also. I made a build for the OG droid with the fix in it and the camera works fine. You will just have to wait till its approved or someone makes a build with it in it.

Animal

Reaction score
Same camera issue here so back to my backup for now. Anyone know what happened to the custom carrier label in the status bar? Hmmm...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cubsfan187

Reaction score
So the devs are aware of it in case any of you are experiencing it. That and the battery life issue. My battery is draining fast, even with the screen off, and the battery monitor says that the "Android Keyboard" has used up 72% of my battery usage. Really weird.

But I guess that this is the downside of ROMs. Yeah, they can be faster and less bloated, but in the end you spend a lot of time fixing them and all that, and a lot of things don't work properly and it seems to be a constantly ongoing process. In the end, I wonder if there is a real benefit. It's nice to have a faster phone, but if the flip-side is that I have to spend 45 minutes troubleshooting why my camera stopped working, and my battery life is suddenly half of what it was last week, any performance benefits might not be worth what you give up...

Hopefully they can sort this stuff out.

They have sorted it out and found the files that 'broke' the cam. It should be in the next nightly and everything will be back to working again. For your battery issues, have you calibrated the battery lately? If not I would try that. It really does help. I still have great battery life on Rev's nightlies. Even with Juice Defender off, it's still only about 4-8% drain an hr with moderate use. With JD, it's much better.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
They have sorted it out and found the files that 'broke' the cam. It should be in the next nightly and everything will be back to working again. For your battery issues, have you calibrated the battery lately? If not I would try that. It really does help. I still have great battery life on Rev's nightlies. Even with Juice Defender off, it's still only about 4-8% drain an hr with moderate use. With JD, it's much better.

Cool. Only issue now is that ROM Toolboc FC's on my phone. Rebooted, wiped cache, Dalvic, fixed permissions, uninstalled and reinstalled, no good. I can launch the app, but as soon as I go to the ROM Manager portion, it FC's.

Figures...

Is there a direct link to Rev's GB nightlies that I can just bookmark and download directly to the phone and then use Recovery to install?

clueless77

Reaction score
Yeah from what I'm seeing its an app problem with rom toolbox on all phones

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah from what I'm seeing its an app problem with rom toolbox on all phones

Oi vay... It was working fine till yesterday, which is really weird.

Any workaround?

clueless77

Reaction score
Haven't a clue yet although I did see a revs nightly in rom manager app yesterday but it was 9-28 build

To check you have to flash clockwork in app and select Droid x 2nd int'd if I'm not mistaken

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Cool. Only issue now is that ROM Toolboc FC's on my phone. Rebooted, wiped cache, Dalvic, fixed permissions, uninstalled and reinstalled, no good. I can launch the app, but as soon as I go to the ROM Manager portion, it FC's.

Figures...

Is there a direct link to Rev's GB nightlies that I can just bookmark and download directly to the phone and then use Recovery to install?

Yeah the same for me. I tried to use the change fonts option and it fc on me as well. You can always check the thread at rootzwiki to see if Rev posts anything new there. I think the next release will be like that as he will let everyone know the cam has been fixed. He used to keep them on his website but it's been a long time since I've seen a newer build there.

Animal

Reaction score
Sooo... a couple things.

RomToolbox did give me a force close last night and first thing this morning but only after trying to load ROMs in the manager. I tried it again a few minutes later and like magic it worked and had Rev's newest build (10/6b2). So all was well after flashing and the camera also worked just fine again but I encountered a new issue. I've been using the gorgeous crystal theme by Dark Dog with the full morph. After flashing Rev's newest I attempted to apply the morph again, as the base theme remained (only wiping dalvik), and all sorts of odd errors occurred. My battery icon was just a red outline with an X in the middle, a white strip appeared on the screen between the status bar and carrier label, and the power button menu was just ridiculous as the icons didn't match the options and some were just missing (like power off :huh:).

Back to my 9/26 build backup again...

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sooo... a couple things.

RomToolbox did give me a force close last night and first thing this morning but only after trying to load ROMs in the manager. I tried it again a few minutes later and like magic it worked and had Rev's newest build (10/6b2). So all was well after flashing and the camera also worked just fine again but I encountered a new issue. I've been using the gorgeous crystal theme by Dark Dog with the full morph. After flashing Rev's newest I attempted to apply the morph again, as the base theme remained (only wiping dalvik), and all sorts of odd errors occurred. My battery icon was just a red outline with an X in the middle, a white strip appeared on the screen between the status bar and carrier label, and the power button menu was just ridiculous as the icons didn't match the options and some were just missing (like power off :huh:).

Back to my 9/26 build backup again...

I had the FC's but they fixed that. I just installed the 10/6b2 and am using the "Mixer" theme with SPB 3D Launcher over it and it looks amazing. So far so good with this nightly...